61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Price $20
Pros mows down anything in its the path and protects the body
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: i took a section of 5 and 1/2 foot section of a semi frame rail drilled where the stock mounts and secured them with grade 8 bolts also welded a custom winch plate to the front and has held up well

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price $300
Pros Perfect fit and finish.
Cons None.
Recommended yes

Comments: The grille/brush guard is made by Black Horse products. It is one of very few dedicated products for the KK Liberty. Installation was done without any cutting or fabbing, a perfect fit out of the box. Solid construction, and solid feel once mounted.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Price $1
Pros Tough, very strong - could probably hold up the entire Cherokee. will stop most cars without bending
Cons Heavy - maybe a bit too heavy.
Recommended yes

Comments: I think it's 1/4" wall, 2 x 6 steel tube, welded smooth ends, shaped to match body. I'm not worried about getting hit from behind!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Price $50
Pros Strong, Durable, Easy to make
Cons none so far
Recommended yes

Comments: Made it myself with 1/8th inch aluminum, bent da metal and made da bumper.
easy if you know what you're doing

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Price $1
Pros Solid product that mirrors what's the best on the market
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: The PPO built these and did a fine job at incorporating top line finishes as well as strengthened features. The Rear Tire Mount is solid and has no issues supporting a full BFG AT spare mounted on the MT Classic wheel.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Price $1
Pros Great looking, strong, mounting plate for winch
Cons some welds are spotty
Recommended yes

Comments: When I bought my xj the seller had made this bumper... to the naked eye it looks great but when you get under the rig some of the welds arent as pretty as i would like but it does the job

·
Registered
124 Posts
Price $25
Pros 1/4" angle iron aka hittin **** bumper
Cons non
Recommended yes

Comments: Got the piece from work, painted it with non slip paint and will be welding end caps and D-rings

·
Registered
86 Posts
Price $1
Pros heavy duty and cost effective
Cons not much protection, no space for winch.
Recommended no

Comments: built it myself, home-made customer bumper, has d-ring shackles mounted on the front of the steel bumper. it does the job...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Price $60
Pros It's custom!
Cons There are none!
Recommended yes

Comments: It's 1/4 inch steel winch ready, 2 d-ring holes, and also slants which is AWESOME for running over trees. Paired with a steering skid it's like having a lumberjack on the front of your jeep

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Price $150
Pros looks great and has a winch mount
Cons seems like thin metal. DONT TOW FROM TUBES!!
Recommended yes

Comments: Dont tow from the tubes. i added a boxed square tube and a tow point after i bent the whole bumper forward by towing from it too high. you may not be able to tell....but i can tell. oops

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price $0.01
Pros Looks amazing, Heavy duty, Fits flawlessly
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Well, Seeing as how i built the entire bumper myself. I think it is amazing. It fits great. Looks great. It is very sturdy. (Ive already tested that). And the steel that i used to make it was free, being that the local steel company had some extra steel that wasnt being used lying around that they let me take. So all in all. It is amazing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price $200
Pros 200 lb deer at 60 mph = no deformation at all
Cons a bit too square looking, cheep bed liner isn't sticking very well
Recommended yes

Comments: does everything it needs too and looks decently good doing it. houses a 12k winch and try as i might i cannot get the bumper to even flinch. price is a guess, ~500 dollars worth of material but i only used about 1/4 of the plate steel

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.