41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Price $670
Pros Strong, Easy install, Good Material, Universal winch Reciever,
Cons Weight
Recommended yes

Comments: I have the Custom 4x4 fabrication XJ Winch Bumper with tapered corners with the front grill guard and the shackles. This product took 2 people and 3 hours to install. It was a fairly quick install after we figured out how to take the old bumper off. This product has 8 massive bolts that it uses to bold onto your frame and it gives you that feeling of, "This sure as hell ain't going anywhere!" This bumper also fits basically any winch that you can throw at it and it holds onto them tight! This was a great investment and well worth the 3 hours to install it!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Price $0.01
Pros more than enough front protection
Cons blocks a little bit of the headlights
Recommended yes

Comments: the bumper i made for my ZJ has 2x4 1/4" steel beams for mounts and mount very similarly to factory tow hooks. and the bumper was custom made for a 74 bronco and was perfect width for the zj, but a little too short. I can hit a deer at 60mph and be fine though, so thats a plus

·
Registered
7 Posts
Price $99
Pros Its mine and I love it
Cons NA
Recommended yes

Comments: Took a 99$ Smitybilt simple bumper. Removed 2 inches from the ends and re-welded the end caps. Made a grill hoop then a front stinger with kicker.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Price $172
Pros I can take pride in my own work
Cons wish i had a tube shark
Recommended yes

Comments: Its a bad a$$ stinger on a procomp classic crawler bumper

·
Registered
121 Posts
Price $1
Pros keep the front end of my xj saft from damage
Cons going to be a pain to put a winch on
Recommended yes

Comments: i have a custom from bumper with a stinger. the base of the bumper is a air tank best thing i have installed on my xj

·
Registered
7 Posts
Price $57
Pros looks kick *** and works great
Cons weighs 8 tons
Recommended yes

Comments: friend and I saw a picture of a similar bumper online for 600+ we built it for under 100 and had it powder coated for $45.... home grown ftw

·
Registered
179 Posts
Price $25000
Pros strong protects the grill and short so as not to get hung up on rocks
Cons no protection for the frame rails
Recommended yes

Comments: custom front bumper so it was mad just how i wanted it. it sits flush with the frame rails and is about 2 to 3 inches shorter so as not so snag on obstacles

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Price $100
Pros one off custom built it myself
Cons weld burns on my legs for welding with shorts on
Recommended yes

Comments: took about a week to build after work. I love to fab items did both bumpers and the rock rails. All are coated with rustolum spray on bed liner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Price $31
Pros great approach angle great strength looks awesome.
Cons ugly welds though they are strong but not pretty
Recommended yes

Comments: I built this bumper from my own design... good luck with yours!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Price $300
Pros Fort Knox > Sherman Tank > This bumper
Cons Heavy, dent in the front from a telephone pole pissing contest
Recommended yes

Comments: Literally torn the front end of a stratus off. Sheared the everything in front of the radiator clean off with out a scratch. Sometimes use it to bulldoze small trees.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Price $100
Pros Great deal
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Great rear bumper with tire carrier. I used 2x2 steel for the tire carrier portion and 2x4 for the base. Picked up a trailer spindle and bearings from Tractor Supply for the hinge and made a custom latch mechanisim. Hasn't failed yet. I currently have 35" on it with no noises at all.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Price $300
Pros Solid Steel Construction, Beefy, well built
Cons rusting internally, poor powder coat, old style mounts without supports
Recommended yes

Comments: C4x4 rear xj bumper 97+

I will say that I am disappointed that this bumper is rusting internally quite bad, and im going to deal with that this summer, but even with that its pure beef. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BUMP THE BACK OF MY JEEP CAUSE THIS BUMPER IS NOT MOVING AND WILL DESTROY ANYTHING IT TOUCHES.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Price $380
Pros mounts a winch, its solid, I made it
Cons I had to make it, made the wife mad. took a while.
Recommended yes

Comments: Fabbed it up using cardboard. Wasn't sure how the radius corners would turn out, but me and some friends made it all work. It uses 1/4" plate steel as the brackets. bolts through 7 holes on the passenger side and 7 on the drivers side. The winch mounting area is also 1/4" steel, as well as its angled supports, but the rest of the bumper is 3/16" steel, it has some sweet angles and nice radius corners. All coated in a smooth satin black finish.
The cost of taking the wife out every 3 nights really didn't make up for the money I saved building my own, but Its the way I want it to look.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.