Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Price $100
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Make your own, that is what jeeps are all about..... For the cost of a garvin tire carrier you could easly buy a new welder and the supplies needed, so get to work. I built a beefier garvin clone with a 1000Lb trailer axle as a pivot point for under 100.00 bucks.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Price $200
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: had my rear bumper custom made with recessed tow hook receiver. Pins from the inside, so it looks flush on the outside when the hook is not in place. It also have two DRing attachements welded on. I primed and painted it myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Price $70
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: I designed and built my front bumper out of 6" C channel. It is a no frills bumper that will do well on the trails. The Line X bedliner makes it look it came from the factory.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Price $180
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Custom bumper made by a local friend of mine in my jeep club! badass bumper that's stout and functional!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: It's pretty badass. It looks like a better version of the ram bars on police cars. I'm pretty sure it's 1/4" steel with 1 1/2" tube on the top and 2" tube in the center and on bottom. It's not the full bumper, just the grill guard

·
Registered
14 Posts
Price $100
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I manufactured a rear bumper that followed the body lines. I added a tire carrier that swings out to allow the rear gate to open. I also fabricated a rear hitch that will take a 2 inch receiver.

The front bumper is made of 3 x 6 rectangular steel 1/8 wall. this bumper also has a 2 inch hitch fabricated on it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Price $500
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Awesome Stinger bumper bought from E-bay, i sprayed bedliner, and bought 2 D-ring shackles rated at 6 1/2Ton

·
Registered
67 Posts
Price $10
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Stock bumper but flipped 180 degrees. It lifts up about 2" and covers the gap from the body lift making it look stock. The only thing needed is a 2" plate on top of it to cover up small gap.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Price $55
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Made myself a TJ-style bumper out of 4'x6" C-channel steel. For less than 60 bucks in parts, it's a huge improvement over the factory hunk o' plastic.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Price $300
Pros cheap heavy 3/16" stell front bumper with d-taps and winch plate...
Cons heavy
Recommended yes

Comments: Built by a local guy, did a great job.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Price $1025
Pros photofab rear bumper for the xj, with tire and gas can mount...great quality
Cons does not hold 2 gas cans...but i will have a local fab guy take care of that for me.
Recommended yes

Comments: photofab rear bumper for the xj, with tire and gas can mount...great quality

does not hold 2 gas cans...but i will have a local fab guy take care of that for me. or i could have had one made for me for a little longer wait and cost.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Price $350
Pros guy from hometown built it as i wanted it
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: he does awesome work and is cheap - price included shipping it from my home town to my new location 180 miles away. i will give him number/name out upon request.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Price $250
Pros Tough-assed bumper from dirtworks (ebay). Paid extra for the ring mounts.
Cons Unpainted.
Recommended yes

Comments: Long shipping times from this guy. He took three weeks to ship it, so I got it after a month. Being that he has to weld it, I was okay with this. If you need a hitch, get a bumper with the mount instead of a low hitch that will bottom out on everything.

Great price, awesome welds, took a while to paint it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Price $1
Pros I made it
Cons scrap metal out of dumpsters
Recommended yes

Comments: I made this rear bumper out of scrap metal from dumpsters on post. It is made of a wrecked HWMVV front bumper about 30 other pieces of scrap. The best thing about it is it only cost me a lil blood sweat and tears

21 - 40 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.