9154 10
Product Information
Price $299.95
Rating 5
Average Price $281.09
Manufacturer Currie Enterprises
Recommended Yes: 10 / No: 0
Company website http://www.currieenterprises.com/

The all new and improved Johnny Joint® trac bar for the TJ/XJ/LJ/MJ features an offset Johnny Joint® rod end that puts the bar further forward providing more clearance between the diff and the trac bar. Other features include 1 1/4" x .250 wall 4130 chrome moly construction, a welded in gusset from the bar to the Johnny Joint®, heavy duty adjustor end with urethane bushing and steel insert sleeve, and semi-gloss black powder coat finish. Some drilling is required for installation. The supplied frame bolt is a 5/8", and the supplied housing bolt is 7/16". Both of these holes must be drilled to size to accommodate the heavier duty hardware.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $299.95
Rating 5
Pros Large Johnny Joint side, huge and beefy
Cons No Lasers
Recommended yes

Comments: Awesome track bar. Needed a new one after my lift, so I figured I'd go with this one. What can I say? Large 1/2" housing, and I only had to drill out two holes to make them bigger to accommodate for the track bar.

·
A locked & armored LJ
649 Posts
Price $278.99
Pros Dual JJs to eliminate binding in rear.
Cons Bracket required. Will not work with other aftermarket brackets.
Recommended yes

Comments: CE-9120R dual rear JJ trackbar & CE9121 Bracket. Had to order the CE-9121 bracket as this product will not work with other brand brackets. Dual JJs eliminated binding due to axle rotation after SYE installation. The new style bends clear exhaust and gas tank at full bump and drop.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Price $280
Pros Stout construction, Larger than Previous, Like how theres not a drop bracket
Cons Had to remove drop pitman arm and rusted out bolts on axle from old track bar, nothing a grinder couldn't cut off.
Recommended yes

Comments: Awesome track bar, should have installed this a long time ago, had sloppy steering from a junky track bar and this fixed it. I drive 75 mph with one finger now! Straight as an arrow!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Price $329
Pros heavy duty and well constructed. JJ and heavy duty bolts.
Cons $$. Also, shipping was a bit of a mess, but no fault of Savvy
Recommended yes

Comments: only had it in for a few weeks, but it killed my DW with a headshot. The install was fine, though had to remove other sterring components to drill out the frame mount. No worries, though, as I incorporated it into a steering gearbox replacement.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Price $309
Pros Beefy
Great clearance
Cons Price dropped $5 the day after I bought it
Had a 2 in scratch on it.
Recommended yes

Comments: The PO had drilled a new hole so that the stock track bar would still fit and it became loose. So instead of just tightening the nut a bought the currie 1/2" track bar. The thing is awesome. It tightened up my steering, and there is a noticeable difference when driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.