141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $200
Rating 2
Average Price $139
Manufacturer Crown
Recommended Yes: 3 / No: 1
Company website http://www.crownautomotive.net/category/Rough-Trail-Performance-Steering.html

HD Steering Kit by Crown.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $175
Rating 3
Pros Stronger Tie Rod over stock. You can see the difference. Cheep and afordable. Easy to install. Took about 2 hours along with doing a new 5th shock.
Recommended yes

Comments: I found that all my TRE's had blown boots and the stock system was covered in rust so I decided to upgrade. With having done my rear axle and regearing and going to a Clayton Lift my funds were kind of gone so a Currie was out of the question and seeing some of the reviews from the others I keep looking. This seems to be about the same as doing the ZJ upgrade and it was kind of cheep from Rompalicious (175.00) plus free shipping. So I ran with it. Did the first road test and it seems to be just fine. Trail test will be shortly. All in all it seems ok.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Price $200
Pros 1 inch solid tube,they use poly bushings,easy install
Cons none so far
Recommended yes

Comments: 1 inch solid tube tierod and they use poly bushings so they wont crack compared to there 1st. generation product im happy so far with it

·
Registered
127 Posts
Price $180
Rating 2
Pros Stronger 1" solid tie rod, is strong and hasn't bent yet.
Cons Cheap, drag link is same as stock.
Recommended no

Comments: The tie rod ends were completely rusted in 3 months, the bolts on the adjustment sleeve on the tie rod stripped out on me after 6 months and it almost killed me. After 7 months both ends of the drag link were completely shot and gave me horrible steering slop. This is pretty much just a ZJ steering upgrade. I do pretty tough wheeling but I don't abuse my stuff, this steering really let me down, plus it looks like crap because it has natural bends in it. My recommendation is save the extra 50-100 bucks and buy the good stuff.

P.S. It's about a month later now and now I have managed to strip out the drag link adjustment sleeve bolts and also, an entire tie rod end. The hardware with this steering, including the tie rod ends are absolute crap. I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Price $1
Pros Great Product! very well built
Cons N/A
Recommended yes

Comments: My old stock steering kit was shot and it was time for it to be replaced. This kit was very simple to hook up and set in place! Took my jeep to the trails after installing it, and it handled great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.