Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Fitted my first new intake pipe today pictures take and will follow (when I can find a place to host them and link) :2thumbsup:
Regards,
Merlin

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Ok see if this works, I do miss being a member.

you will see the new one (black) the pipe will go face to face with the turbo and the seal only goes around the outside.
Also I fitted this one to an 05 under warranty for an oil leak that I had already change the pipe before to try and fix this issue.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Thanks Merlin,
where does this oil go?

Could this excess oil be what I smell burning off when after heavy use (climbing up or down mountain side) then stopping for break, leaving engine running.
This seems to be only time when smell occurs.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
0.3 to fit (1 bolt 2 clips) part number 53013672AE if you have an orange seal it's the old pipe black new pipe. The oil is most likely what you smell, see my swirl motor post to see the oil mess burning this leek makes. The oil will then go into the intake so still not good but better then a swirl motor.
Regards,
Merlin

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Hi
0.3 to fit (1 bolt 2 clips) part number 53013672AE if you have an orange seal it's the old pipe black new pipe. The oil is most likely what you smell, see my swirl motor post to see the oil mess burning this leek makes. The oil will then go into the intake so still not good but better then a swirl motor.
Regards,
Merlin
Thanx dude...appreciate the info :cheers2:

·
Registered
228 Posts
So guys, Im kind of confused. Does this replace the racors that some have been installing from the access oil? Is the new black tube supposed to fix the oil leaking problem?

·
Registered
278 Posts
So guys, Im kind of confused. Does this replace the racors that some have been installing from the access oil? Is the new black tube supposed to fix the oil leaking problem?
As I understand, the new seal & air intake tube design just fixes the issue of the blow by oil seeping out of the connection where the air intake tube fits onto the turbo. But "Blow By" vapors/oil from the crankcase still move from the passenger side valve cover, thru the black round PCV valve, and thru the black hose that joins the air intake tube right in front of the turbo. The blow by gases (oil/water/fuel vapor) still get sucked into the intake and then into the turbo. Still a bad thing as I understand it, it now just doesn't leak out all over the engine. The CCV filter system is still needed to eliminate the blow by oil/vapor from re-entering the engine...

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not a tech. I just pose as one on the internet...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
As I understand, the new seal & air intake tube design just fixes the issue of the blow by oil seeping out of the connection where the air intake tube fits onto the turbo. But "Blow By" vapors/oil from the crankcase still move from the passenger side valve cover, thru the black round PCV valve, and thru the black hose that joins the air intake tube right in front of the turbo. The blow by gases (oil/water/fuel vapor) still get sucked into the intake and then into the turbo. Still a bad thing as I understand it, it now just doesn't leak out all over the engine. The CCV filter system is still needed to eliminate the blow by oil/vapor from re-entering the engine...

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not a tech. I just pose as one on the internet...
I would agree. I just installed a Racor and I certainly won't remove the Racor just because of this new intake tube because I'd rather not have any oil in my intercooler and intake, but thats just me. :)

·
Registered
2,056 Posts

you will see the new one (black) the pipe will go face to face with the turbo and the seal only goes around the outside.
Also I fitted this one to an 05 under warranty for an oil leak that I had already change the pipe before to try and fix this issue.
Merlin will this new part be identified in a TSB? or will be a recall? or neither?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I see, so is the new tube even worth getting if you have the Racor installed already?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I see, so is the new tube even worth getting if you have the Racor installed already?
a tight seal is always good, but I wouldn't pay for it. if I see a TSB with the parts and instructions, I will take it to my dealer and have them install under warranty.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
a tight seal is always good, but I wouldn't pay for it. if I see a TSB with the parts and instructions, I will take it to my dealer and have them install under warranty.
Why wait for the T.S.B ? If you have an oil leek print this and take it to your dealer. You don't need a T.S.B just an oil leak but yes I believe a T.S.B is on the way but not a recal.
Regards,
Merlin

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Why wait for the T.S.B ? If you have an oil leek print this and take it to your dealer. You don't need a T.S.B just an oil leak but yes I believe a T.S.B is on the way but not a recal.
Regards,
Merlin
good point, but in my case I have a Racor, so I'm in no rush. If I didn't have the Racor, I'd be calling the dealer to get the part and schedule the install. :)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
very interested in this as I have a follow up appointment next week.

can anyone tell me what part this: 53013672AD ?

It's only one off from the new hose part number I believe.
Same pipe just the old type with the orange seal not the modified one. The AD pipe will still leek.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts