Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2006 LJ is throwing a crank shaft sensor code. It is intermittent and usually after the thermostat has opened. The engine will not rev over 2400RPM and starts to jerk and lose power in the throttle until you drop down below 2400RPM then runs fine. It has no problems turning over. It is a manual transmission. Jeep dealership had it for three months and couldn’t figure out the problem. They chalked it up to needing a new computer which we replaced. The problem did not go away. Then we replace the cam shaft sensor, crank shaft sensor, OPDA, and coil pack. We put the original sensor back in the OPDA. It resolved temporarily and slowly began getting more frequent. We took it to a mechanic who rewired some of the wiring and it repaired the issue for a period of time then it started to do it again after I drove it in the rain. We took it to the 3rd mechanic who rewired the crank shaft sensor and said the timing was off. The problem was resolved again until I drove it on the freeway in the rain. Now it is increasing in frequency. It doesn’t do it when I first turn on the Jeep, it throws the code and jerks after the thermostat has opened. We had it scoped and after years of trying to figure this out, our crank shaft now has wear on it so the last shop said that the issue. It’s not the issue, it is the result of the issue and there is no reason to replace the crank shaft unless we figure out the cause. Please help. My husband is ready to get rid of the Jeep because he is tired of dealing with issues and inconsistencies in mechanic feedback and repairs. I think the symptom is being addressed and not the real issue because it’s not straght forward.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts