Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
241 - 260 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello everybody

After transmisson repair (big trans kit was used, torq converter was rebilt also), so, when I put it to "D" I'm getting like a punch, so it goes too sharp, too hard. In the same time, switching to rear gear is smooth and just perfect.
Guys who made repair saying nothing is wrong, just front band is overtighten.
Is that sounds correct? I do not very trust them and 'd like to doublecheck everythig what they do or what they gonna do.
Any advisments are welcome.

Thank you!
Anybody..?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Do you mean the "standard" manual for the Jeep, or the repair manual? Found a site that listed them as separate books.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sweet, thanks for those pics! Awesome. I'll have to try and track one down. Is yours what came with your Jeep, or did you get it second hand somewhere?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good call. Hadn't thought of ebay. Found it on RockAuto for $40 plus S/H. Hopefully ebay has it cheaper.
Out of curiosity, (and only if you have the time and inclination) does it say anything about smelling exhaust through the vents/inside the cabin, or rough idle?
I'm kind of imposing, so it really is no big deal if you don't want to :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Take your pick
Thank you!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - are checked, all fine
6 - pressure a bit low: measured at accumulator port, gear selector at "1", from 52 to 88psi @1000rpm (while pulling throttle link)
8, 9, 10 - also checked and double checked, fine
11 - How can I make sure the torque converter is ok? Stall test shows 2400rpm

Stil having trouble from "N" to "D", but from "N" to "R" is ok..

241 - 260 of 283 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.