Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
or....Pledge works for a quick fix. It'll lighten back up in a few weeks but usually will make them pretty clear for a while. Just make sure you combine JeffBowser's advice too and use a light soap/water mix to clean them first so you aren't just buffing the dirt into the plastic.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I used pledge on a long trip across the US and back, it clears up the windows pretty good, but as mentioned, it doesn't really seem to last very long (more than a week or two for sure, but not a long time). I rinsed mine with warm water and a clean towel to get all the grit off, then once it was dry I used pledge and a small cloth, it seemed to work real good, and does make it fairly easy to quickly whipe off any dust or dirt that gets on there afterwords... for a little while anyway. Pledge is pretty cheap though, and you can get it just about anywhere, so that's nice.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
There are different Pledges out there.

I would not use yellow, but orange Pledge leaves a lot less wax residue and has a citrus based cleaner in it. I have used that a few times before storing my windows and it works great.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
McSomethin's "Plastix". Autozone has it. I found out about it here on JF somewhere, and it works great. I just used it like a week ago. No discoloring, and the windows are now much clearer. I have pics in my build but they don't do much justice.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I use it every once in a while after cleaning my windows up really good with soap and water. Make sure they're dry then hit them with the Pledge (the orange is my favorite).

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
McSomethin's "Plastix". Autozone has it. I found out about it here on JF somewhere, and it works great. I just used it like a week ago. No discoloring, and the windows are now much clearer. I have pics in my build but they don't do much justice.
It's Meguiar's Plastx. I got some of that and I like the Pledge better. But, to each his own :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
I used a headlight cleaner on my soft windows...was AMAZED at how well it worked...I can actually see out of them now! Does a great job of "de-hazing" them and removes minor scratches!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Clean with soapy water, spray on pledge, lighly buff to white glazed look, grab new cloth, buff, enjoy the lemony freshness
Same here..........also wipe down your dash and door panels with the pledge rag...........smell the freshness!

·
Registered
120 Posts
yep, the stuff you buy to take the grimey haze off of the lenses. I'll check to see what brand I used when I get home and let you know. Spent about an hour scrubbing the inside and outside of the 2 side windows and back window. Before I cleaned them, I couldn't even see through them to back out...came out looking like new.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.