Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to get pictures of everyone running 33s on their 7. Would be helpful if you posted full tire size, wheel size and lift with the pictures. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Hoping to get pictures of everyone running 33s on their 7. Would be helpful if you posted full tire size, wheel size and lift with the pictures. Thanks!
It may be useful to know the backspacing as well. The two examples above are not truly 100% road legal in all States as the tyres extend past the bodywork. This is a function of backspacing.

They could easily be made legal by extended wheelarch flares. And stones may not be thrown on to windshields.

I am just as guilty of this on one of my Jeeps, the 33x12.5x15 stick out because the wheelspacing is way out, because the PO could not fit 15" wheels over the rotors and calipers!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Reactions: Renegade82

·
Registered
263 Posts
I change tire size recently. These are the old Hercules 33x12.5R15 on unknown aluminum 15x10 w/3.75 backspacing that were mounted when I bought it. OME YJ 2" springs with Rubicon Express YJ to CJ conversion shackles (3"~ish total).

I now have 31x10.5x15 KO2 on 15x8 white wagon wheels with RRO hangers and new straight hangers. Much better looking, handling, and comfortable riding now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
33x15x11.5

No clue on lift... maybe 4" but pure guesswork!!
Same as above but with seats and a better angle...
I'm running generic 15x10 rims with like 3.5" backspacing.

I really didn't like the extended look but was dealing with it as the rims were cheap. I've since gone to narrow track axles for the immediate benefit of 3.73s and lockers, with the side benefit of narrowing the footprint. I like the stance SO much better with the covered tires.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.