Jeep Enthusiast Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,545 Posts
To me it looks like the rear shackle hangers belong in the front and the front shackle hangers belong in the rear but same orientation as they are mounted now. Jim1611 will know for sure, they look like his brand of shackle hangers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome thanks for everyone’s input! And correct I went to the mechanics this morning and we redid one side together…. And yup the backs and fronts were swapped. Not that big a deal I guess but all good now. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bushing Issues . . .

Guys, I debated on where to go with this post but given this thread is dedicated to an OME suspension upgrade felt that it would be okay.

Please see the photo. Anyone know what's causing these bushings to do this? They are OME bushings and this is the second set to fall prey to whatever's doing it.

I used waterproof 'Green Grease' on them both times. I reached out to a company rep after the first set decayed and he assured me that the grease wasn't the issue. (I'm beginning to have my doubts on that claim).

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Many Thanks . . .

I would be suspect of the grease, too.

My OME bushings are 10 years old, and they still look like the day I installed them.

Edit: OME recommends either their own grease or a lithium moly based grease for their bushings.

Matt
Each day I'm reminded of how much I don't know. I didn't know OME sold their own grease.

I'm danged sure NOT putting that green stuff in this time. Thanks much, Matt.

·
Premium Member
9,064 Posts
Sorry I didn't see your thread sooner and hopefully the hangers are on the right way. Keith steered you right. Here's a few pictures that should help too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Jim, what kind of paint is that on the steering gear bracket?

My wife has used paint that looks similar on curtain rods in the house, and it was from a rattle can.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,064 Posts
Jim, what kind of paint is that on the steering gear bracket?

My wife has used paint that looks similar on curtain rods in the house, and it was from a rattle can.
I'm not sure. Those nice photos are from one of my customers, I asked him if I could use them for advertising. I'll look through my pms and see if I still have our conversation and if I do we can fine out from him. Found the pm and sent him a message but he hasn't been on here since August. Hopefully he'll be on soon.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts