Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm doing a small stretch on my rear axle in my cj7. as much as I would love to shell out over a grand for a genright fuel cell, it's just not an option. I just ordered an RCI fuel cell that is 30X12X9 and should give me plenty of room for my stretch. I would like to use the original tank location and filler location. Basically, I wanted to know some plumbing Ideas. the main problem is that the filler neck is on top of the tank and not the side like the factory tank. I could look for a 90-degree hose but then that's inches I have to lower the tank to fit it under the body and I lose ground clearance. Another idea I was toying with would be drilling a hole on the side like the factory location and welding/ bolting on a new filler neck. With that route, I can have the tank as high as possible. my only concern is not being able to get all the aluminum shavings from drilling out or a possible leak. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.