Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 81 cj7 with chrome nerf bars. The left side nerf bar was destroyed. I've been looking for identical nerf bars but all the nerf bars I see for sale have indentations with anti slip mats on them. Does anyone know who supplies nerf bars without any indentations.

·
Premium Member
1984 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade
10,202 Posts
Probably cant get them in this sue happy world we live in now. Manufactures add the indentation to avoid law suits against them is someones slips and falls. Good luck trying to find any without new. Those days are long gone.

·
Registered
1985 Jeep CJ7
3,052 Posts
I have a 81 cj7 with chrome nerf bars. The left side nerf bar was destroyed. I've been looking for identical nerf bars but all the nerf bars I see for sale have indentations with anti slip mats on them. Does anyone know who supplies nerf bars without any indentations.
I found mine on Craigslist after constant research for well over a year. They were Like New (CHROME). I have them permanently welded to the frame and have always had that style side bar on ever Jeep I owned; don't like those cut out step versions.

I have seen them occasionally on eBay; just keep in mind that they are hard to come by so if you find some; may be pricey, grab them. They don't show up too often anymore.

If you are hands on, find a used new one, cut out the bottom of another and weld that piece nicely into the step area. Grind it clean, prep and have it powder-coated or chromed. I mean, it's an option if you want them that badly?

I used skateboard deck tape on top to avoid high-heeled mishaps, lol

Good Luck :cheers2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.