Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick background, I have a 16 month old boy who loves books. His favorite is called "Sheep in a Jeep" by Nancy Shaw. It is one of the funniest children's books I have read, and if you have a young one, you have to show them a copy. Here is the story, but the pictures make it hilarious:

"Beep! Beep! Sheep in a Jeep on a hill that's steep.
Uh-oh! The Jeep won't go.
Sheep leap to push the jeep.
Sheep shove, sheep grunt, sheep don't think to look up front.
Jeep goes splash! Jeep goes thud! Jeep goes deep in gooey mud.
Sheep tug, sheep shrug, sheep yelp, sheep get help.
Jeep comes out.
Sheep shout.
Sheep cheer.
Oh dear! Driver sheep forgets to steer.
Jeep in a heep.
Sheep weep.
Sheep sweep the heap.
Jeep for sale---cheap."

I know it is not the most technical of owner's manuals, but if they get a book, it may as well be about a Jeep!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All the illustrations have them in a CJ6. I was wondering where a sheep learns how to hotwire a jeep...

·
Registered
423 Posts
my parents read that book to me when i was a kid too!! haha.. i'm gonna try and dig it out when i go home this weekend!

·
kickin' it in the VOG!
476 Posts
Sweeet...I was read that book as a kid (was a birthday present to me when I was like 3 or 4)...last winter my mom dug it out of storage and gave it to me. I bring it on all my Jeeping trips now:rofl:
my parents read that book to me when i was a kid too!! haha.. i'm gonna try and dig it out when i go home this weekend!
Out of the mouths of babes! The original copyright is 1986 ... by then, I was done being a kid for a while. You guys are really young pups! :D

I thought you guys were really young after seeing Andy's "What do you look like" thread.

***Wait, what was that sound??? Ooohh, It's just my creakin' bones! :rofl:

·
I ate what?
8,493 Posts
1986, good grief, I was a teenager then :brickwall

Ryan, that was your screen name on here at one point wasn't it?

·
kickin' it in the VOG!
476 Posts
1986, good grief, I was a teenager then :brickwall

Ryan, that was your screen name on here at one point wasn't it?
Ryan who? :confused:

·
I ate what?
8,493 Posts
ArloGuthroJeep...his first name is Ryan.

·
zj tractor
5,240 Posts
Out of the mouths of babes! The original copyright is 1986 ... by then, I was done being a kid for a while. You guys are really young pups! :D

I thought you guys were really young after seeing Andy's "What do you look like" thread.

***Wait, what was that sound??? Ooohh, It's just my creakin' bones! :rofl:
lets see, in 1986, where was i?? umm... O YEA, i wasent even born!!

btw too all, i enjoyed the "what do you like?" thread, it helped me realize that even when i get older and get a real job not all is lost, i will still do some wheeling.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts