Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Official answer (in front of my family is “it’s for our teenage daughter. However, It’s going to several things.
1. My Daughter will learn stick shift on it.
2. My daughter will learn to love Jeeps.
3. I re live my rich Jeep history from my 88 YJ, 99 TJ, 2005 LJ (automatic) and now this Jeep will be my daily diver. If when my
Daughter has her DL and wants a Jeep, I will buy another one for her.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m going to make it bone stock. However some bolt on front and rear bumpers and possibly powder coating the rims might be in order. The rims are actually not original paint. That was one of those oh no moments that I had after the purchase. Look at this air filter PO did. That’s coming right off and going back to stock.

·
Registered
1997 Wrangler, 2020 Wrangler
25 Posts
Good idea to get rid of the modified air cleaner, those things are not worth it. I would be tempted to put a mild lift (2.5in) and some 32/33 inch tires on it. But I agree, the stock look, especially (for me) the fenders and flares look the best. Though those longer wheel base jeeps look great with a bit of beef, in my opinion.

I am currently rebuilding a 1997 TJ, SWB. I welded the floors behind the driver seat with replacement panels and now I am looking at painting it; bought all the paint sprayer stuff this past week... lots to learn. All stock, no lift, no big tires yet. That will be next. They are a lot of fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts