Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to the jeep world and would like some input on my problem I have with my 5.7 hemi I just bought its got the check engine light on and when I scanned the vehicle it says its a cylinder 7 misfire, any help would be appreicate. We did replace the crank shaft censor check engine light went off and then just came back on yesterday.

Thanks in advanced!!

-JFINKLER :smile2:

·
Premium Member
7,266 Posts
Could be any number of things. What were the exact code(s) numbers thrown? What made you thing a crank sensor would fix a misfire code? Often there's more than one code that combine together to give better clues so you don't end up just throwing parts at it.

But a misfire code with no other codes thrown can simply be a bad spark plug or coil pack.

·
Registered
972 Posts
pull the plug and look at it. swap the coil pack with another cylinder, and drive it. if the cylinder misfire follows the coil pack to the new cylinder, you need a coil pack. if it doesn't move, change the plug. do cheap/simple/free things first, before you start throwing parts at a problem. post back your results.

* yes its an older thread, but someone else might read this, with the same problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.