Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

cheap black or colored centercaps for aftermarket wheels

16364 24
Well heres the writeup.

Take 4 margerine or butter containers you have lying around your house and they will fit in the wheels.

1. Trim the lip that the lid snaps to off but leave the other smaller one on there.

2. Clean
3. Paint with Krylon Fusion Paint

4. Let Dry for a few days

5. Put them in and they look great and they dont rust and are very cheap to replace, I made a few extras just in case.

Todd
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just like a normal centercap pushed through the back. theres a small lip and they fit pretty tight. i havent tested them offroad yet cuz my license is suspended but only 15 days left for that. im sure if u pull on them hard enough they will come out but for free ill repace it with the 2 extra i made.

Todd

·
Registered
178 Posts
T odd's J eep that is one of the best looking jeeps I have ever seen! My rig is like the exact same as yours except 31 inch tires. I love the way it looks without the "WRANGLER" and "JEEP" stickers, I thought of doing that before. Brilliant idea on the caps! Are those the monotube shocks or the twins with black shock boots?

·
Registered
122 Posts
this is a awesome idea but i have tried 2 different brands and niehter of them work. i even tried the country crock 1 lb that i have heard of and the tub is a tad bit too big for the hole. oh well... back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
198 Posts
what size container did you use?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.