Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1201 - 1220 of 1403 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
Yep and don't forget to salt and pepper the marrow bones, I like them with quite a bit of salt and pepper! the magic number at our house seems to be about 20 minutes at 425 degrees.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,203 ·
Hash, I have really enjoyed your showing/sharing your pictuces of Jacob as he was/is growing up over the last few years .

He has his mother's side of the family's chin structure but now that he has gotten older I am seeing the Redford side more and more in him .

Nice work there buddy

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,096 Posts
phitmein said:
Hash, I have really enjoyed your showing/sharing your pictuces of Jacob as he was/is growing up over the last few years . He has his mother's side of the family's chin structure but now that he has gotten older I am seeing the Redford side more and more in him . Nice work there buddy
Thanks Lane ! I couldn't be prouder of him. He is really a good boy

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,205 ·
Thanks Lane ! I couldn't be prouder of him. He is really a good boy
You once may have told me that Redford men (?) are two axe handles tall and one axe handle wide .

Your man child looks like he is getting broader/bigger in his chest area now .

It really is pretty cool to watch that happening and I am very sure that you will agree to that .

PS, no matter what Grape told me I think the boy is your doing .

He needs to just keep to the sheep . :shhh:

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
Jake making himself a steak sandwich in cast iron on an antique wood burning cast iron laundry stove.
Looks like a damn fine sandwich, mmmmm. I am not familiar with a laundry stove? I assume it was used to heat water for doing the laundry. Where would it have been located? In a house? Outside? And do you have it just as a cool curiousity? It looks really cool. You just use coals from a fire or does it need a fire lit inside of it?

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,096 Posts
phitmein said:
You once may have told me that Redford men (?) are two axe handles tall and one axe handle wide . Your man child looks like he is getting broader/bigger in his chest area now . It really is pretty cool to watch that happening and I am very sure that you will agree to that . PS, no matter what Grape told me I think the boy is your doing . He needs to just keep to the sheep . :shhh:
One axe handle tall and one axe handle wide. My people are basically squares. The men in Als family are all really tall and slim I hope it gets some of those genes and not so much of the tree stumps....

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,096 Posts
Jeff88 said:
Looks like a damn fine sandwich, mmmmm. I am not familiar with a laundry stove? I assume it was used to heat water for doing the laundry. Where would it have been located? In a house? Outside? And do you have it just as a cool curiousity? It looks really cool. You just use coals from a fire or does it need a fire lit inside of it?
It would have been used inside to heat water. A friend gave it to me a couple of weeks ago it was in terrible shape I don't really know what I'll do with it but its kind of fun to cook on.

Artifact Wood Font Gas Art

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,212 ·
That looks truely damn good to me XJ and I really like the CI, ceramic on the inside, pot that you may have there .

What make is it and is that the one that was given to someone here for a Christmas present ?

·
Registered
14,306 Posts
Yeah, my wife gave it to me for Christmas.

I've never cubed my own steak before, but
it came out fork tender, and delicious!

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
I have been on a diet, and it has been going well. I have worked out really hard since February and eaten as healthy as I can. I have approached this in a way that I try to make it fun to discover new things and still eat some tasty food.

Here is an example...

Baked avocados with smoked salmon and eggs, if you are looking for a really healthy dish try these out! Used the really small Lodge pans I bought last year.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,219 ·
Do any of you good folks here have a good recipe for Salmon Croquettes ?

I am not very big on Salmon cooked by itself but I do likes me Croquettes .

I have not had any in over 2 decades and I need to work on that some . :|

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,096 Posts
Do any of you good folks here have a good recipe for Salmon Croquettes ?

I am not very big on Salmon cooked by itself but I do likes me Croquettes .

I have not had any in over 2 decades and I need to work on that some . :|
We always made them with suckers we canned.... mom always said they were good and i really never believed her.

1201 - 1220 of 1403 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.