Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1181 - 1200 of 1403 Posts

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,113 Posts
That wood stove is in the main/big house and not out in the Stabbin' Cabin right ?

I kind of remember your saying that you had 3 wood stoves in the main house ?
Ric Freaking Flair with a woolen cap on his head ? :rofl:

And that fancy dojo looking knot in the belt is the bomb too .

WOO

Great work on the diet BTW Hash .

For realz .

Phit
Ive been able to stay in the 185 range and am considering dropping down in the 170s after Christmas.

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,113 Posts
That wood stove is in the main/big house and not out in the Stabbin' Cabin right ?

I kind of remember your saying that you had 3 wood stoves in the main house ?
We have a big stove in the basement and one on the second floor and the top floor doesnt have stove.

Jake made his first omelette this morning! Not only an omelette but a cast iron omelette cooked on the wood stove! His toppings were fiesta cheese pepperoni and chives with a little hot sauce. I'm proud of this boy!

Attachments

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,113 Posts
We bought a few pieces of cast to give as gifts this year. Thought it would be nice to give them full, not empty. So here we have a blueberry pie, a apple crumble, a mini apple crumble and 3 monster sized cinnamon caramel rolls. It's been a fun evening and I can't wait to pass these out tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,188 ·
It's was a cold, dreary, rainy day today of about 40 degrees and that's a cold day for us Southern folks, so I decided it was a great night to make some beef chili .

Nothings better than good comfort eats on a day like today was .

Yum

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
We keep getting the normal temp swings. We hit
70 on Sunday, but didn't get out of the 30's yesterday.

We'll get colder come January. Hoping for 20' (not " )
of snow!!!! It'll be in the 20's tonight, with no precip
in sight.... :(

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,113 Posts
Looking fantastic as always Jeff88!

Last weekend we reverse seared a 3lb tomahawk ribeye with 2 racks of lamb, Yorkshire puddings, marrow bones and ******* mashed potatoes.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
should know better than to check this one out before lunch - all that looks great.

Tell me more about those marrow dishes. I don't think I've ever tried it. Eat it with a fork? Spread it on a cracker? Hold it with your wrists on your chest and lick out the center like the dog?

Closest thing to that I've done is probably ox tail - which makes a fine taco filling

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
should know better than to check this one out before lunch - all that looks great.

Tell me more about those marrow dishes. I don't think I've ever tried it. Eat it with a fork? Spread it on a cracker? Hold it with your wrists on your chest and lick out the center like the dog?

Closest thing to that I've done is probably ox tail - which makes a fine taco filling
Oxtail uses the muscle that moves the tail. Marrow is the content of the center of the bones.

Get a couple of marrow bones from your butcher, Roast until browned slightly. Spread on a bakery baguette. Its the bomb.

1181 - 1200 of 1403 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.