Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1161 - 1180 of 1403 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,162 ·
Wow, those turned out very nice, good job Sir .

How did you strip/clean them and what oil did you use for the coating ?

Are you putting them in your personal collection or selling them ?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Wow, those turned out very nice, good job Sir .

How did you strip/clean them and what oil did you use for the coating ?

Are you putting them in your personal collection or selling them ?
Thank You.

I put them in a lye bath for 2 days. Then a 50/50 vinegar/water soak to loosen rust. I used Crisco for 60 mins at 500deg. I am selling it. I have a round waffle iron for personal use. This thing would mar my stove and would have to be heated/reheated in the oven, as i have electric.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I wish I would have taken some pictures of the ham I cooked at Thanksgiving. Cooked for 3 hours over coals in the Dutch oven, on a short rack to keep it from burning. I spiked it with cloves, then covered it with pineapple rings. Topped all that off with a bunch of brown sugar and honey. About halfway through the cook, I added some more brown sugar to it. I was also basting it about every 30 minutes with the juices.

It came out amazing. We had tons of turkey left over at the family gathering, but almost no ham left. The pineapple rings were delicious as well, absorbing a bit of the brown sugar flavor.

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
TimV said:
Cooked up some grill pizza today. Had a bit of a learning curve, but the 3rd and 4th pizzas were great. Forgot to move all the coals from the middle to the edges to start. Once I did that, I had the pizza cooking great.
looks good, you deliver?

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,096 Posts
I've had a piece of pork loin curing in a Morton Sugar cure for a week. Last night I rinsed it and let it dry overnight. This morning I went out and found a wild cherry to cut for smoking and smoked the loin for 3 hours over very low heat. So here is our Missouri made wild cherry smoked Canadian bacon. We used it to make eggs Benedict on the wood stove. It's a crappy cold evening here but we are making the best of it!

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hashbrown said:
I've had a piece of pork loin curing in a Morton Sugar cure for a week. Last night I rinsed it and let it dry overnight. This morning I went out and found a wild cherry to cut for smoking and smoked the loin for 3 hours over very low heat. So here is our Missouri made wild cherry smoked Canadian bacon. We used it to make eggs Benedict on the wood stove. It's a crappy cold evening here but we are making the best of it!
That looks like some damn fine eats. Where did you obtain the egg triangles?

1161 - 1180 of 1403 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.