Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1141 - 1160 of 1403 Posts

·
Registered
1974 Jeep CJ-6
6,395 Posts
Fourtrail, don't get me wrong here because I love it, but just what the Hell is that thing ?

Does it have a makers name or anything on it .

I always thought that broiling was cooking something from the top downwards and I can't see it doing that ?

I would say more like a grill but the bars on it look kind of far apart .

I am still seaching on Google for cast iron broiler but I have had no luck yet .

Edit: my bad, I found some after adding old to the search terms and you can broil upside down it seems ?

Pretty cool .

https://www.google.com/search?q=old...X&ved=0ahUKEwj85NOgp47QAhXF3SYKHfCaAKYQsAQIIQ
We have an old dual fuel wood stove/gas oven at the cabin that has the lift out tops. The one side lifts out to form a large oval where the broiler would sit in and give you a good hot place to cook.

Fourtrail, I just peeked at your profile and your jeep sounds to be one mean damn machine .

Much respect Sir

Zoom, zoom, zoom
Thanks. It is a beast and a lot of fun to take out wheeling.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,145 ·
Hash, couldn't you be eating smoked or grilled fish too ?

I have never been nor will probably ever be over weight so I know very little about diets .

I noticed that about all the seasoning was worn off the bottom of my hammered fryer and it was looking a little rusty and had a few small spots here and there on the top and sides .

The inside of the skillet and the lid were perfect .

So today as I was doing laundry, washing a few dishes and a little cleaning in the house and yard I decided to clean and season the bottom and the few bad other small spots .

It was a fairly nice day (low 60's) so I had the doors open and it still ended up smelling pretty smokey .

I used lard BTW .

I am now burning some incencse in the kitchen and will burn some more in the main part of the house .

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,149 ·
We have an old dual fuel wood stove/gas oven at the cabin that has the lift out tops. The one side lifts out to form a large oval where the broiler would sit in and give you a good hot place to cook .
4TRL, I would like to know more about about the " old dual fuel wood stove/gas oven " .

Do you know what make it is ?

Is it made of cast iron or thick steel ?

·
Registered
1974 Jeep CJ-6
6,395 Posts
4TRL, I would like to know more about about the " old dual fuel wood stove/gas oven " .

Do you know what make it is ?

Is it made of cast iron or thick steel ?
It looks close to this. i will have to snap a couple of pictures and get the info from it the next time I am out at the cabin. The far left door is where you build the fire and that heats the 3 flat top burners. Oven is temp controlled gas and then the burners on the right are gas. Shaky, but here is a Youtube Video of one like it.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,158 ·
I have a few old CI waffle makers .

One is a Griswold playing card suit pattern .

It's inside is made up of Diamonds, Hearts, Clubs and Spades .

Folks do a Google seach of ( playing card suit cast iron ) and check out some of the muffin/cornbread pans and other cool old stuff that was made in that style .

Was there a certain period/years that style was popular ?

My waffle maker was probably made in the 1920's ?

http://www.castironcollector.com/waffle.php

·
Blissfully Unaware
1,115 Posts
I have a few old CI waffle makers .

One is a Griswold playing card suit pattern .

It's inside is made up of Diamonds, Hearts, Clubs and Spades .

Folks do a Google seach of ( playing card suit cast iron ) and check out some of the muffin/cornbread pans and other cool old stuff that was made in that style .

Was there a certain period/years that style was popular ?

My waffle maker was probably made in the 1920's ?

http://www.castironcollector.com/waffle.php
When I find the right one my ca collection will be complete.

1141 - 1160 of 1403 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.