5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  barfwinkle 
#1 · (Edited)
Product Information
Price $178
Average Price $67.13
Manufacturer Carter
Recommended Yes: 3 / No: 1
Company website http://www.guaranteedcarburetors.com

I have heard the carter comments for years, but my 81 has had the same one in it because of emissions regulations. The carb was needing another rebuild due to gaskets were getting too old and brittle (vacuum leaks). I found this site offering lifetime warranties on carburetors and decided to get one and rebuild the old one to keep as a spare.
it came nestled in loads of bubble wrap, ripped old faithful off (that was for you anti carter guys), new on. Came with choke pull off and electric choke. Had to take bracket with Dash pot and solvac off of old carb ( i know what funtion of solvac is and it works properly, but not sure why dash pot was needed on this year).
Went over whole vacuum system while there. Installed a clear inline fuel filter before the fuel pump and new replacement filter.
Runs great without any adjusments other than solvac and dashpot (not sure required, but because those were dismounted, I felt a need to check) takes a great while for 258 to warm up when cold out, but that is normal.
Intent is to do long term of this carb. Website claims carb will last an extremely long time due to all surfaces being hardened aluminum oxide ( which means anodized to me).
I will update from time.
Greg

* have had in a year and a couple of months with no issues.:2thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $1
Pros This is why I now own this Jeep, previous owner could not get it to run past their driveway
Cons Now I need to figure this junk out
Recommended no

Comments: I am working on the Nutter bypass which is supposedly the thing to fix this thing, but I am unsure of the wire color codes at the ECM..still in work...

#3 ·
Price $35
Pros easy directions to follow
Cons no cons
Recommended yes

Comments: i read in multiple reviews the NAPA premium carb rebuilt kit for carter bbd is as good a quality as the OE mopar kit but for less money.

#5 ·
Price $82.5
Pros Runs
Cons Old
Recommended yes

Comments: OEM Carburator ads far as I know its the OEM. It works for now and thats all I care about. I did find (thanks to a forum member) where to get a rise for the carburator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.