Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello liberty people. We just bought my daughter an 04 liberty with the 3.7, and it came with a few issues as they all do... been chipping away, and today was exhaust leak (header gasket) day. What a stupid, horrible thing to have to do. Hate Hate Hate. But that's not my question... in the process of trying to stuff myself into a 2 inch space to remove the heat shield prior to getting to the impossible bolts on the header, I dislodged what appears to be a vacuum hose. This is on the driver's side... the line is long, and it comes from what feels like a plastic fitting on the back of the engine (only room for a hand back there between the motor and the firewall, but I could feel a plastic fitting at the end), and it runs up and over towards the brake booster, dives down, and heads forward towards the area below the power steering box... I thought it was maybe the breather for the front diff, but I found plenty of threads on that, and that one is fatter and goes up and terminates below the battery. This is the standard smaller vacuum line size, and it's a rubber hose...not the plastic ones that can also be found right in your way when working in that area. I can't for the life of me find what I might have pulled it free from. It's long enough to reach the axle... or something down there in that neighborhood. There's no way to get a good look at anything down there! These things are harder to work on than my Cherokees have been!! Is there a vacuum canister down there somewhere? Is it even a vacuum line at all?? It has one of those pinch style hose clamps on it, but it's riding way up like 4" from the end of the hose, like someone backed off the clamp and never put it back. So I assume it is supposed to be clamped to something, and isn't a breather hose for anything... but I'm at a loss. Anyone???
Thanks!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I believe there is a vacuum reservoir under the battery tray/ below the headlight. Might check there. IIRC it’s not easy to see.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts