Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I've been looking all over the internet to find just one footman loop and I'm having some serious trouble finding it. It's the one that the hard/soft top latches connect to on the windshield frame above the visors. One of my screws became stripped so I had to remove the whole part and now I can't find it anywhere. If any of you know where to get it please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey guys I've been looking all over the internet to find just one footman loop and I'm having some serious trouble finding it. It's the one that the hard/soft top latches connect to on the windshield frame above the visors. One of my screws became stripped so I had to remove the whole part and now I can't find it anywhere. If any of you know where to get it please let me know. Thanks!
Try Tasacaparts. http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part...6-gas-engine/body-cat/top-and-components-scat

·
5,736 Posts
You are talking about the one on the windshield frame, right?

Part number 55397012AA

For the Hood, it's this one: 55176498, this one 55176422 or this one 55174713

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,070 Posts
You picked a real stumper there buddy!
I have found the footman loops referenced by # above - but they are not the header bar footman (7012AA is door side of door limit strap) - can't seem to find that separately... still looking...
Pictured below correct?

Attachments

·
5,736 Posts
Yeah, you are right, Mr. Bishop. I'm still looking too now that I figured out that was the door loop.

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,070 Posts
Conspiracy theory:
Its a hold out part. they (OEM) hold out a separate number JUST so they can charge 150 for the only availability. lmao.
still looking... I have a complete parts listing for 08 - same loop - I'll look through it later (file is on home PC)

·
5,736 Posts
Had to look in the body in white section, which requires some effort as they get painted to match.

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,070 Posts

·
5,736 Posts
I must have fat fingered that link as I looked it up on one computer and then came here. I have another link that I inserted and it's actually a buck cheaper.

·
5,736 Posts
No, that is just the loop. While the screws are shown on the parts breakdown, they are not listed as available.

They are T20 Torx sheet metal screws and should be available at an Ace, True Value or any other decent hardware store. You may find them at Home Depot or Lowes but I suggest a place with the rows of assorted screws and hardware in the little box bins.

·
Accidental Obfuscator
8,070 Posts
If they don't they got m8 Allen heads at AutoZone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.