Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a jeep with a lot of things already set up on it. Friday night the drag link snapped. I can see that it’s been cracked for a long time because of the rust. Now it completely broke and I’m wondering if someone can help me identify what it’s from. It’s really a miracle that it snapped as I was pulling into a parking spot. 30 seconds earlier I was going 60mph through a heavily wooded area. This thing is heavy duty. It’s solid steel and an inch and a half thick at its widest point.

Attachments

·
5,630 Posts
You could just replace it with a stock Moog and should be OK. If you want to make sure you are over built for off roading, buy a a Currie, Barnes, Teraflex, etc aftermarket one that is a heavy duty replacement.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You could just replace it with a stock Moog and should be OK. If you want to make sure you are over built for off roading, buy a a Currie, Barnes, Teraflex, etc aftermarket one that is a heavy duty replacement.
Replacements I keep finding are all curved. This thing is straight. I do wanna have a heavy duty one though.. I’m currently run 37 tires and plan 40

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I just replaced drag link and tie rod with steer smarts parts. There parts are more heavy duty than stock parts.

Reactions: chadroc

·
5,630 Posts
I run a Currie Drag Link and a Fusion 4x4 Tie Rod. One of these days, I'll upgrade the Drag Link to a Fusion 4x4 also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts