Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm starting a project to design and 3d print a new dashboard for a 2000 TJ. I'm wondering if there are some CAD drawing of the interior showing the mounting points and other components that I will need to design around. I don't have access to the Jeep to take measurements, so CAD file will be my only option for now.

Thanks....

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I'm starting a project to design and 3d print a new dashboard for a 2000 TJ. I'm wondering if there are some CAD drawing of the interior showing the mounting points and other components that I will need to design around. I don't have access to the Jeep to take measurements, so CAD file will be my only option for now.

Thanks....
You might have better luck posting the question here:

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-drawing-file-sharing-4340925/

It is in the TJ tech section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have files for a 1982 cj7 front and rear bumpers? I have a buddy who just purchased one and he is wanting to do some custom stuff on it so I am going to help him with some plasma cutting. I am hoping I can find some files so I do not have to design everything from scratch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to plasma cutting - just ordered my table - and I am trying to get the learning curve going with the software. I am using LIBRE CAD but started with Q CAD. Any recommendations for automotive related DXF files? Also, any recommendations for tutorials (auto related and especially offroad related) for LibreCad? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am helping a friend restore a 90's Renegade and I'm looking for the mounting points for the dashboard. I'll be using Inventor or Fusion 360 for the design work and 3D printing the dash parts myself. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a repository for finding the interior, or a dash design that I can pull the mounting from? If needed, I can get the exact year and model from my friend.
Thank you

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I am new to plasma cutting - just ordered my table - and I am trying to get the learning curve going with the software. I am using LIBRE CAD but started with Q CAD. Any recommendations for automotive related DXF files? Also, any recommendations for tutorials (auto related and especially offroad related) for LibreCad? Thanks!
What table did you get? Is Q cad "quickcad"? The learning curve is steep but doable. Once you understand that the code is a language. Learn your code and why it reacts like it does. Make sure your CAM software can reduce nodes/points for a better cut. Every time a command (point or node is reached) is given, the driver has to interpret the command and may introduce a hesitation that mimics the nodes. Make smooth arcs, not lots of short lines, etc..

Did you get a stepper or servo drive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the STV CNC Sparx 5X10 table with stepper motors. The table is about 1/3 the price of the Lincoln Electric table I was looking at and saw at SEMA a couple of years ago. STV CNC is local to me so it was an esy decision and so far I have been very happy with the decision. The only thing that might change for me is the software. The recommended setup is LibreCad for DXF file and design and Inkscape. I use LibreCad for "technical" CAD (geometric shapes and precise dimensions) and the Inkscape program for "artistic" applications such as text and graphic conversion from jpg files which basically entail converting graphics to bitmap (bmp) then save as scalable DXF files. The part I am not liking that much is using the MyPlasm controller software. I feel limited in my ability to generate accurate cuts that handle kerf width and offsets and lead ins. I am learning and understanding more every day, but I feel the software is intended for making signs more than accurately producing chassis parts which need to be cut with some precision

101 - 111 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.