Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
8.8 parts

This is a great thread that has tons of great information.
Currently, I am looking for link tabs that weld on to my 8.8.
The tube size is 3.25" and I would like to know if anyone has a file for some axle tabs (control arm mounts) for that size.
Also, if you have anything else that deals with 8.8's please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have access to a large metal shop that has a radial bender. thought about the ole 6 " pipe to bend it around but i have to figure out the cad part and then find out where to start my bend.
Here you GO.. The DFX shows center of bend location. This is for a TJ.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
This ZJ 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Door Patch Panel was made to match either drivers door or passenger front door. Just
flip the piece and counter sink the holes to match which side your
placing the door patch panel on (left side[drivers] or right
side[passenger]. I used 16 gauge sheet steel to have a shop plasma cut the panel. They edited the AutoCad DXF file format 2004 and removed the dimension lines, leaving only the drawing outline, the 3 holes 3/8 in diameter, which enlarged in size from the counter sink operation, and the 4 inside welding holes. Weld a small bead length on the 4 rounded corners, 1 short bead in the middle on the long flat side, 2 small beads near the cutout where the striker plate loop enters the door latch. Put a small tack weld in the 4 inside welding holes, if you need too.

You can use this Teigha convertor to make this DXF file created with
QCad for Windows version 2.0.5, compatible with your plasma cutter setup.
http://www.opendesign.com/guestfiles/TeighaFileConverter

http://qcadbin-win.sourceforge.net/ Version 2.0.5 Qcad is available for the Mac and for Linux too. http://qcad.org/en/
or 3.4.2 version downloads http://www.ribbonsoft.com/en/qcad-downloads-trial

Fred L Finster [email protected] I grant creative commons use of this DXF file that I created on October 29, 2013. :rtft: I can have a patch panel plasma cut for you, too. :thumbsup: Enjoy the pictures.
971 239-0140 or 360 403-9198
I grabbed some 16 gauge last night, was about to walk into the shop to go make a stencil to do exactly this but on our shop beater truck a 2001 3500 cummins. Randomly skimming this thread eating a snack first and BOOM this.. I print it out on paper matches up 99%, ram door slops sooner on the bottom, so have my cad guy convert it to a format we can use in the vinyl plotter print out a sticker, first one was off a hair so adjusted it, printed sticker measured off the PDF for reference and perfect.

Just need to do the countersunk holes.

Thanks for this saved me a lot of hassle!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
material bend allowance for making parts

First Post!

I've done quite a bit of cad work, I'm in design and cmm reverse engineering in an automotive based prototype shop in southeast michigan.

Just my $.02 for anyone calculating material for a bend. "bend allowance" can be tricky at first but in mild steel the best thickness factor i've found is .44.

I do this daily and it almost always comes out right

[[[material thickness x .88] + inside metal diameter]]x pi]

this will give you material for a 360* circle, divide by 4 for a 90* bend, or by 360 then multiply by your angle.

example. 3mm thick material with 6.35 bend radius around a 90* bend would require 12.05 mm of linear material.

I don't know if this helps anyone in their endeavors, but it makes for less trial and error.

·
Registered
3 Posts
  1. Helldorado, are you making it for multiple vehicles or just need one? I happen to have one I will never use nor a late style CJ. It's the same thickness as whatever stock is, I guess. Someone bought it as a aftermarket part and didn't use it, I got it in a trade or something, and will not need it (building a beefier crossmember and bumper combo). It's available for shipping and $15 (beer money).
Is there any chance you can send me a dxf file of the rear crossmember?
i have my jeep down to the frame now and would like to replace the crossmember while i'm there

·
Registered
924 Posts
Wall Bracket for hanging Jeep doors

So I became tired of looking for a place to put my full doors in the "off season" and came up with this.....

Apparently I cant post A .dig file here tho.....

says invalid file.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Wondering if anyone has a cad file for the front frame/mounting for a Jeep TJ bumper? What I am specifically looking at doing is reproduce a similar bumper to the OEM/AEV Jeep TJ Rock crawler bumper. I really like the way this bumper looks, but the thing is basically discontinued and the price being asked for used ones you would need to take out a small load..

If anyone has any designs or better close up shots or dimensions of this bumper to see what it looks like in behind the 'Jeep' logo it would be greatly appreciated. Picture attached for what bumper I am referring to.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is great! We just opened up a fabrication shop. I have 4 jeeps of my own we have been playing with and I would love to share some of the stuff we have come up with. Also always looking for new ideas and help with projects that are giving us a headache. Once I get the files downloaded to this computer ill share a few.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have body armor files for JKU? Or any files for that matter for JKU. Currently building my own cnc plasma table and figure my Jeep can be the guinea pig.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.