Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to plasma cutting - just ordered my table - and I am trying to get the learning curve going with the software. I am using LIBRE CAD but started with Q CAD. Any recommendations for automotive related DXF files? Also, any recommendations for tutorials (auto related and especially offroad related) for LibreCad? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the STV CNC Sparx 5X10 table with stepper motors. The table is about 1/3 the price of the Lincoln Electric table I was looking at and saw at SEMA a couple of years ago. STV CNC is local to me so it was an esy decision and so far I have been very happy with the decision. The only thing that might change for me is the software. The recommended setup is LibreCad for DXF file and design and Inkscape. I use LibreCad for "technical" CAD (geometric shapes and precise dimensions) and the Inkscape program for "artistic" applications such as text and graphic conversion from jpg files which basically entail converting graphics to bitmap (bmp) then save as scalable DXF files. The part I am not liking that much is using the MyPlasm controller software. I feel limited in my ability to generate accurate cuts that handle kerf width and offsets and lead ins. I am learning and understanding more every day, but I feel the software is intended for making signs more than accurately producing chassis parts which need to be cut with some precision

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.