Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
GROUND POUNDER
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few folks ask about sharing CAD Files here on the forum. I asked Philip about it and he made it happen!!

So.. we can now attach the following File Types to a Post and they should be able to be downloaded by fellow members.

The Following Files can be Uploaded:

.pdf
.dxf
.dwg
.ipt

I'll Stick this thread for easy reference. If you Share a File, please include an accurate description of the part(s) so we know what we're looking at.:thumbsup:

EDIT: Be sure not to post Copyrighted Material. Copyright Infringement will result in immediate deletion of offending post.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Awesome. Any chance of support for 3D models, just generic .stl, .step, and .igs files? Or for even Solidworks models, .sldprt and .sldasm?
Sorry mate, All of my files are for 2D cutting on a oxy/fuel/plasma table.

Others may be able to generate them but posting here is limited to justa few file types.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Now if somebody had some drawings of the stock control arm & track arm brackets for an 8.8 rear end...

·
Registered
74 Posts
So.. we can now attach the following File Types to a Post and they should be able to be downloaded by fellow members.

The Following Files can be Uploaded:

.pdf
.dxf
.dwg
.ipt
good on you for getting this going! I will dig up some older stuff and put it up. 3D support would be cool, but the size will just get out of control to quickly. IMO if you want to share 3D, zip it into a complete package or export a generic file(STEP or IGES) and save it to your Dropbox, or similar hosting site. Do not use STL for cad purposes, its a faceted model used for 3D printers, it makes a lot of approximations and is useless when dealing with even remotly tight tolerances.
from a wiki
Code:
An STL file describes a raw unstructured triangulated surface by the unit normal and vertices (ordered by the right-hand rule) of the triangles using a three-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system. STL coordinates must be positive numbers, there is no scale information, and the units are arbitrary.[
Also I'm not sure about hosting .ipt? Isnt that the proprietary Inventor part extension? IMO stick to pdf, dxf, and dwg

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.