Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Price $550
Rating 4
Pros well made, look good, adds clearance of 35's with minimal lift ie 1.5" Rock Krawler
Cons over priced for plastic even tho they are OEM quality. Not the easiest to install on 4 door and photo copied instructions are pathetic.
Recommended yes

Comments: Needed more fender clearance on my JKUR after installing 35's with my 1.5" RK triple rate coil lift. I do not care for stock trimmed fenders so these were about the best price point for flat fenders. They are very solid and contrary to the post that says they are held on by two sided tape they are not. I thing the tape/trim is for a finished look. I tightened everything down before peeling the tape backing and they were as solid as a rock.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Price $400
Pros High clearance for more flex. Side marker included to keep you street legal, if that's a concern of yours.
Cons Plastic...
Recommended yes

Comments: This was my first "mod" to my TJ. The install wasn't bad, but 2 weeks after I installed them I barely bumped my garage and crunched my front driver side up some. Not bad enough to replace, but enough to where it drives my OCD crazy. Worse yet, I don't even have a good trail story to tell about the damage. After the fact, I wish I would have gone with a tube fender that would actually taken some abuse. For the money spent on these, I could have spent just a little more and gotten a good tube fender. I recommend these because they still look better than stock and are still a quality product. If you don't wheel your Jeep and only want them for the looks, then they're great. If you actually wheel you Jeep, then I recommend spending a little more and getting a tube fender that can take some abuse.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Price $500
Pros Maximum tire clearance and crisp looks, simply awesome!!!
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Amazing character these fenders are, have totally changed the jeep stance once again, fresh.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Price $549.99
Rating 4
Pros Provides tread coverage without collecting dirt like the stock ones do.
Cons Molding was thin on one part and another had holes that were drilled off center. Both required replacing at place of purchase. Wiring required cutting off existing light fixture. Wiring connecting/crimping hardware is fragile.
Recommended yes

Comments: Installation of the parts was fairly straight forward except for the wiring.

I spent the most amount of time trying to figure out how to work around the issues with the supplied crimp connectors. The crimp connectors are two-piece and are kind of fragile. They will come apart if you do not additionally crimp the two halves to each other.

The marker lights need to be tested with the blinkers with the parking lights on before final installation of the front flares. If the wiring is backwards, the lights will not blink from dim to bright correctly.

One of the flares had a severe thin spot that could be easily pushed in with a bit of finger pressure. Another had the holes for the marker light drilled off center so the light was crooked when mounted. Both were taken back to the place of purchase (4 Wheel Drive Parts) where they were swapped out no questions asked.

Once installed, the fender flares felt sturdy and solid. They are wide enough to fully cover the tread of my tires. Because the flares are flat, they don't scoop up and retain dirt and other crap that gets kicked up by the tires. There is also lots of room for vertical articulation as well.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.