Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Price $350
Pros look good and legal with oversized tires
Cons Not as durable as they say all of mine are cracked from wheeling.
Recommended no

Comments: Not worth the money 2 me, if your building a street princess and want the look then get them, if u wheel like i do u will just end up breaking them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Price $450
Pros Add such a great look to the Jeep body!
Cons Nothing major, just prevent mud from getting on the jeep while off-roading :)
Recommended yes

Comments: This is the first thing I look at when I see my Jeep! Adds meatiness to the body and if you're replacing the old OEM flares, it makes it look like a whole new Jeep!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Price $550
Pros looks great
Cons a little hassle to get to fit perfectly
Recommended yes

Comments: great add on to my jeep.. look great and really add to the tough look. kind of a pain to get to fit perfectly on my jeep and a little expensive but very much so worth it!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Price $125
Pros Added protection from the toss of stuff from my tires.
Cons Not very flexible, but I know thats not really a trait of these.
Recommended yes

Comments: Added protection from the toss of stuff from my tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Price $275
Pros look great and I was able to paint them to the color of my jeep.
Cons break a little easier than expected but not to bad.
Recommended yes

Comments: These fender flares can look great on pretty much any jeep because of their style and different look they stand out compared to the oem flares. Also they can be painted the color you want as long as you do it the right way. I highly recommend these if going to after market flares.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Price $250
Pros Good quality and fit
Cons PITA to install. Take away quite a bit of tire clearence compared to flat style flares.
Recommended yes

Comments: The rubber seal is a pain to get right during install. Also, if your old factory flares have been on for a while you may have some paint damage that will need to be fixed before installing these.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Price $377
Pros Durable & a perfect fit.
Cons Side marker holes don't line up.
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought these flares to fit with the wider tires I had put on & to keep the slop from throwing up the sides of the Jeep.
Easy to install & they look real good. The only problem I had was to trim the side marker holes to fit the lenses.
The price is a little high, but what do you expect from Bushwacker ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Price $400
Pros Solid construction. Good tire coverage. Look great!
Cons A real pain to install; especially the front flares due to the odd curves on the fender.
Recommended yes

Comments: Although I really love these flares, the installation took WAY to long. The instruction are detailed enough it's just time consuming. Since drilling into the body is required you have to double a triple check before you commit to the hole. As much time as I took, I still miss-drilled one of the holes into a seam. This meant repositioning the entire flare and re-drilling the hole. The good thing about the install is that it is very easy to transfer the hole location measurements from one side of the Jeep to the other which really makes the second half of the installation a breeze.
Another issue is with the stainless hardware supplied with the kit. I realize SS is softer than many metals, but I had two of the screws strip when screwing them into the sheet metal. The threads basically peeled away.
Nonetheless, the effort is well worth it and there's no denying how good they look.

Side Note: I suggest trimming the rear sheet metal a little more aggressively than the instructions suggest.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Price $200
Pros Easy to install and great quality.
Cons Not very good instructions and there was only enough rubber tape for the flares, not rock guards.
Recommended yes

Comments: These aren't Bushwhacker branded, but they are an identical knock off from eBay. I think the manufacturer is Prestige. The eBay seller was HeavyDutyTrucks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Price $200
Pros Easy to install and great quality.
Cons Not very good instructions and there was only enough rubber tape for the flares, not rock guards.
Recommended yes

Comments: These aren't Bushwhacker branded, but they are an identical knock off from eBay. I think the manufacturer is Prestige. The eBay seller was HeavyDutyTrucks.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Price $150
Pros Looks great
Doesn't fade
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I love these. I got them second hand, but they were brand new in the box. The guy bought them for his son, but his son wrecked his Jeep, so his loss my gain. I love that they are tough and do not fade like the stock ones do. They look amazing on a Jeep. I will put these on any Jeep I ever buy.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Price $500
Pros Good to cover big tires
Cons nil
Recommended yes

Comments: Good to cover big tires, have complemented with side skirt as well

·
Registered
21 Posts
Price $400
Pros Keeps mud to a minimum, covers wheels, great looks
Cons non yet
Recommended yes

Comments: Easy installation no drilling required, uses existing holes. Covers my 33x12.5 tires, reduces the amount of debrie slung from the tires.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.