Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Budget Shock Swap.. Help Please

2209 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  ashland82391
So 5 months ago I purchased new shocks for my jeep and now I want to do a lift. I bought the shocks from autozone, Gabriels I think. I'm going to do an s10 bastard pack lift which should give me about 3 inches. I have a friend at autozone that will let me swap my shocks for longer truck shocks that are the same price. So I will basically be getting longer shocks for free.

What I need to know is what shocks can I replace the stock ones with that will be 3 - 4 inches longer.

I will not be purchasing shocks from anywhere else I just want to trade my shocks so it won't cost me extra.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
14,484 Posts
This is what I used when I replaced my shocks. I sized them up from the Monroe catalog and matched the mounting codes with the extended and compressed lengths (which I measured on my jeep when I flexed it out). I got my shocks at Autozone and they just cross referenced the part number to come up with the Gabriels.

http://www.monroe.com/assets/downloads/english/08_MountingLengthSheet.pdf

I actually helped my buddy size up some Gabriel's on his CJ-7 about 3 weeks ago. Three out of his 4 shock mounts broke so he moved them. I actually found the extended and collapsed lengths on the Gabriel website but I can't find it now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.