Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Budget Boost on a 95 Quadra-Trac questions

1060 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  ejschultz
I have a 95 zj with a np249 Quadr-Trac system that is so far stock save for an exhaust. I'm looking at a Budget boost, (I have my eye on Rough Country's 1.5 budget boost) however on their site it says not for AWD. Is that the Quadra-Trac np249 that I have? Why wouldn't this kit work and can anyone help steer me in the right direction I'm hoping for a max 2 inch lift to clear 30" tires so I have a bit more height for having fun off road and getting to my deer stands easier. Thanks guys!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
10,565 Posts
You can budget boost a 249 equipped Jeep just fine. They are saying that so they can't be held accountable if the CV joint on the front driveshaft decides to break apart because of the slightly increased angle.

· Registered
3,527 Posts
I ran a BB with my 249. I didn't have any issues. I guess they may be referring to those that have a CV style front driveshaft. My ZJ came from the factory with a u-joint style front driveshaft. I'd give them a call and find out. Or go with the Rubicon Express BB instead. It comes with rear bump stop extensions and the shocks are a little nicer than the RCs. They don't tend to blow as commonly as the RCs do either. I see guys blow RC shocks all the time.

· Registered
154 Posts
I ran a BB with my 249. I didn't have any issues. I guess they may be referring to those that have a CV style front driveshaft. My ZJ came from the factory with a u-joint style front driveshaft. I'd give them a call and find out. Or go with the Rubicon Express BB instead. It comes with rear bump stop extensions and the shocks are a little nicer than the RCs. They don't tend to blow as commonly as the RCs do either. I see guys blow RC shocks all the time.
this is what you can expect with the RE BB, still running the BB shocks now that i am up to 3.5"

· Registered
3,527 Posts
this is what you can expect with the RE BB, still running the BB shocks now that i am up to 3.5"

3 years later and my buddy is still running the RE BB I ran and beat on my ZJ for a year. He's put lots of hard miles on it as well. The shocks hold up really well. I'd recommend the RE BB to anyone looking to go with a BB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.