38717 68
Product Information
Price $100
Rating 4
Average Price $121.06
Manufacturer BROWN DOG OFFROAD
Recommended Yes: 64 / No: 5

1" Motor Mount Lifts
Want motor mount lifts (MML) to help compensate for your body lift (BL)? Brown Dog designed these motor mount lifts to reposition your engine one inch higher than stock (at the cooling fan) while providing a serious upgrade from most aftermarket mounts. This pair of motor mount lifts were engineered for extreme strength. And, just to make sure, why we periodically pull one off the shelf and put it through our 20-Ton Press Test. These will be the last set of mounts you'll need. The Brown Dog gives you his promise. Replaceable bushings provide some high-frequency vibration dampening. If the bushings wear out, just replace them. Lift not available individually. Installation Notes: Lifts bolt directly to the pylon or cradle in the identical position of the stock mounts. Engine will be raised 1" at the stock cooling fan.

The Brown Dog Promise.
Brown Dog products are designed for high performance applications and off highway use. No one can predict the forces a vehicle will encounter in extreme conditions that are beyond the vehicle's original design parameters. We feel that our products will continue to perform as designed when other products would break. We will replace any product that fails due to a defect in assembly (broken weld). We cannot be responsible for forces so extreme that the integrity of plate or tubular steel becomes compromised. But if you manage to do that, we certainly want to see a picture of it.

Hey, we go out and do the same stuff you do, and we try to break it, but we don't hold others responsible for the results of our strange behavior. Have fun, be safe.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Price $109
Pros Great reputation and customer service. Appear to be very well built and the bright yellow paint is cool.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I opted for the 1in lift to help with exhaust clearance issues. Install was simple and straightforward. Also I did this without a body lift so I needed to redrill the holes for the fan shroud. Results are incredible, the rubber mounts keep the motor at bay allowing for shorter starts and increased power delivery to the rear wheels.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Price $70
Pros Made in USA
Cons None - Great product
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought these off of EBay, someone bought them and never used them, save about $15.. Everything lined up, and they complimented my Body lift kit... no need to relocate radiator (for BL kit) with these..

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Price $85
Pros Absolutely flawless installation
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I can't speak highly enough of these mounts. They're built to nuke-proof levels of construction, the fit and finish are excellent, and they literally bolt right in with no difficulty whatsoever. Following the directions allowed the 1" lifted mounts to be installed in about two hours, and that was at a slow pace. I have no information on performance as of yet, but due to the tighter tolerances I expect more engine vibration from the poly bushings. These worked perfectly with a Daystar 1" poly body lift...no modifications to the fan shroud were necessary.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Price $90
Pros Solid construction, thorough instructions, easy install
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Easy to order, JF discount. These looked very solidly built, they arrived very well packaged with details to watch for in installation. Easy communication with the vendor.

·
76 Posts
Price $100
Pros Well made. Installs as directions state. 24-7 Phone tech support is very helpful.
Cons The direction don't indicate that changing MM are a pain in the butt.
Recommended yes

Comments: These are well made and fit nicely. This product is much more solid than the factory mounts They will raise your engine just enough to compensate for a 1.25" JKS body lift. Installed, the motor is perfectly steady. My 7 year old factory mounts did transmit some vibs that I thought was just part of wrangler ownership. These mounts solved that issue.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Price $301
Rating 5
Pros Extremely High Quality, Everything Lines Up, Great Instructions
Cons Absolutely None
Recommended yes

Comments: I have the Super Bracket Kit with the Ultra-Flex Rubber bushings and mine is the standard (not 1" lift) version. Quality is outstanding all the way down to even the way its packaged for shipment. Took me about 6 hours from start to finish working by myself to install the full bracket kit. And that was mostly due to the OEM Jeep mounts having a stupid lip and forcing me to get really creative with removing the original bolts. Everything lined up perfectly and the kit comes with totally new high quality hardware. In fact, the Brown Dog mounts/brackets would be much easier to remove and install than OEM brackets if the need should ever arise. Also, anyone with a 2000 up TJ that has ever had to remove their intake/exhaust manifold will appreciate getting rid of that stupid heat shield that is riveted to the OEM driver side mount. This kit solved several problems I was having with drive-ability (jerky clutch) as well as decreased the rattle I get on takeoff quite a bit. The ultra-flex rubber DOES NOT cause any more vibration than the stock mounts and in fact has ELIMINATED the vibes I had at idle. I was careful to heed the instructions to only tighten the through-bolts enough to keep the washers still and I think that's where most people go wrong and have more vibes. :rtft: My jeep is much smoother and easier to drive now that my driveline stays still, plus I get the piece of mind of having more than 3 bolts holding my engine to the frame. :cheers2:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Price $300
Pros Super strong and lifetime warranty. Superior customer support
Cons Takes some adjusting after install to eliminate vibration issues.
Recommended yes

Comments: These mounts are super tuff. I destroyed two OEM mounts and these have shown no signs of wear. You wont find any better customer support than with these folks. They will respond to your questions, day, night, weekend, and on vacation.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Price $115
Pros Solid, strong, excellent support
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: This is a review for the 1" Lift YJ Mounts.

Go for the softer rubber bushings. The poly bushings are pretty harsh and increase vibes - especially with the 4cyl 2.5L engine.

Install is difficult - Drivers side is easy. Passenger side is a big PITA. Not a fault of Brown Dog - just info for potential buyers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Price $89
Pros Strong design with excellent welds
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: with the poly mounts tighten through-bolts snug (just to the point where the washer will not rotate by hand behind the nut). Do NOT over-tighten locknuts on through-bolts or you will get vibes.
even with the poly mounts I have no noticeable vibe (feels same as stock to me)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Price $100
Rating 5
Pros Great looking part. Made in USA. Perfect fit. Fantastic customer service.
Cons No way!
Recommended no

Comments: I ordered these for my Dad and me to install on our jeeps. I procrastinated, per usual, and needed to get the mounts asap since my Dad's was a bday gift. I ordered and followed up with a call. I explained my problem to the gentleman who answered the phone. He said that they were a few days out from shipping, but "since I own the joint"......" and I like you, I'll make it happen."

The parts showed up early and the installation went perfect. No vibes. No problem! :cheers2:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Price $90
Pros inexpensive
very strong
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: huge improvement over my stock warn out mounts. Drastic improvement in feel. Engine feels more responsive now. crucial for tummy tuck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price $95
Rating 5
Pros Made In USA!!! Nice fit, fairly easy install, love the yellow and the American Flag!
Cons Instructions confused me a little.
Recommended yes

Comments: I love these mounts. Slight vibration with the poly mounts but its a Jeep not a damn Cadillac so who cares! Follow the instructions to remove the engine plate with the mount on the D/S, it made it much easier. There were a few parts in the instructions after that which confused me so I just tossed them and everything worked great! I used these to compensate for the 1" BL and as prep for the TT that will be coming shortly. Best is these mounts are Made In USA and they show it!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Price $350
Rating 1
Pros Made in USA
Cons ..
Recommended no

Comments: Wow I wish I got the customer service all of you did.. I ordered mine 2/15/14 and they only sent me my order confirmation. So I waited 11 days and called assuming they were busy and forgot to send me shipping information. When I called they said that they were behind schedule but my mounts would ship in 3 days and they were sorry for such the long wait. That was on 2/26/14 today I called them back because I still haven't received shipping information. Again I gave them the benefit of the doubt hoping that they forgot to send me the information. First of all no one answered the phone so I left a message asking for for them to call me back to give me an order status. Within 5 min of Hanging up I get an email from them saying that my mounts will ship tomorrow with standard shipping. I can't believe it has taken them a month to make/ship a set of mounts it is unacceptable especially for $350 mounts. I will never do business with brown dog again wether they are quality parts or not.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.