Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks like a fun build. Just one suggestion.

Have you considered having two seperate battery systems. From what I understand, on most motorhomes, the chassis has its own battery and the rv has a completely seperate set. The only thing in common is the engine charges both sets of batteries. This would prevent you from being stranded if the battery bank would happened to get drained by leaving something on or what not.

Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

·
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Good thinking. I'm going to have an isolator to keep that from happening and I always have my jump box just in case so I'll be covered.

Thanks for the input so far everyone! I'm getting really stoked about this. I've had to abandon a few ideas so far due to lack of space, but some plans are starting to take shape. I'll keep updating.

·
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry for the delay. I've been buried and haven't had much time to put into figuring this beast out.

Here's what I HAVE done:

Remove the existing interior racks.
Wood Floor Tire Flooring Audio equipment

Picked up a frame mount battery tray for my 2nd battery and boltted it on.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Started on the benches.
Rectangle Grey Composite material Tints and shades Wood

Wood Automotive tire Gas Bumper Automotive wheel system

I ordered the flooring, a poly vinyl diamond plate looking material from American Garage Flooring. Here's a link: Garage Floors - BLT Diamond Pattern from American Garage Floor

I'm using 4x6 sheets of a 1/4" white plastic material for the wall that Jeff from Bushwacker made me a killer trade for. Thanks again man! I don't have pictures of it yet, but there's not much to see. It is REALLY white so I'm going to have to put some decals or posters up to calm it down a bit, should be really easy to clean though.

·
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sorry, nothing yet. Still waiting on a few parts and have not had a lot of time. March is the month to get this project really going. Will have updates soon.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Little bit done...

Got some paneling for the walls and fitted them. Cut holes for the 4 Rockford Fosgate speakers going in the walls and the two 12 volt outlets. Will be securing them up tonight. Also painted the wheel wells.

Fixture Wood Automotive exterior Floor Shade

Wood Rectangle Floor Composite material Flooring

Got the rubber diamond plate looking flooring in a few days ago and should have that in tomorrow. Should be posting pics up regularly now that I'm back on track with this. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks! Got the trim around the wheel wells done and the walls fully secured.

Rectangle Grey Automotive design Flooring Wood

·
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Table frame is together and the leg bases are welded on. The other end of the legs are going to go into a recessed base so I decrease the odds of my dumb a$$ tripping on them when the table is not in place. Also threw in a picture of the folding legs I'm using for the benches, although they came in brown so I need to paint them black.

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Gas

Shelf Shelving Gas Machine Fixture

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

·
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
ps. I was planning on going with a cool stainless steel table top, but I think I'm just going to throw a piece of plywood in there and put a piece of the white material I used for the walls over it. They were going to charge me a couple hundred bucks for the stainless steel cut to size. This should be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
You can buy cheap counter tops or a piece of melamine from a home center like home depot. I would go with the melamine since you can buy pieces to finish the sides and use a old iron or a special iron for it to finish the edges.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You can buy cheap counter tops or a piece of melamine from a home center like home depot. I would go with the melamine since you can buy pieces to finish the sides and use a old iron or a special iron for it to finish the edges.
Thanks man. The top is actually built so that the material drops down inside the frame so my edges will already be taken care of, so just about anything with a decent looking top will be fine. We'll see.

Table and benches got in today. Fit is good. There is a second set of table legs that are much shorter that will be popped in for the table top to drop down even with the benches to make the bed surface. Here are a few pictures. Now need to pull it all out, paint it up, wrap the plywood in vinyl for the seat surfaces, and get to work on a cushion solution.

Furniture Building Table Interior design Flooring

Flooring Floor Window Ceiling Wood

Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood Gas

·
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Exterior wrap

Finally got the exterior wrap all done. Not sure what direction I'm going to go with the cab, but the box is looking good!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
That is sick! :drool::drool::drool:

you wouldn't happen to have this in an image would you? I don't need to bg, but that would make an awesome vinyl. I've been wanting to do something but haven't found anything cool.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I can probably hook you up. Drop me a pm with what you're planning on using it for.

Couple pictures of how it is sitting now. Benches in, table in, etc. First pic is in table mode, second is in bed mode (obviously). Not done yet, but definitely getting close.

Interior design Laptop Flooring Technology Computer

Couch Interior design Building Floor House

·
Registered
440 Posts
very neat rig, but it's a tad odd posting replies to the thread under your multitude of user names on the forum.......

Nice build though. Loved your Jeep when I saw it at the Triple X Jeep show a few weeks ago.

·
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
very neat rig, but it's a tad odd posting replies to the thread under your multitude of user names on the forum.......

Nice build though. Loved your Jeep when I saw it at the Triple X Jeep show a few weeks ago.
I have a member account and a vendor account and I sometimes forget to switch when I'm posting something.
Thanks! That was a decent show. Could have used a little more going on (rti ramp, categories, etc) but the people were cool and I always like checking out everybodys Jeeps.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.