Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 60 of 228 Posts

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
^ Thanks for the offer man! I appreciate it!

OK, since soo many of you chimed in about dates and times for the meetings I have made the decision to have our meetings the third sunday of every month.

February 15th will be our first meeting. We will meet at a restaurant in Georgetown at 6:00pm. Please anyone that is local post up where is good and would be able to hold a larger group. Im not sure how many are going to attend but I would like to have a larger enough area/back room for as many as we want.

Remember TORC is now accepting membership applications!! PM me for your application. All you have to do to become a member is show interest in the club, send the dues ($25 first year and $20 every year after that) and application to me and either come to a meeting or join in on a club ride. Our first ride will be this weekend at Hillz N Hollarz. If you cannot make it please come to the meeting on the 15th.

For those who are wondering, what are the dues for? Website fees, two official club decals and money for a summer cook out. A few others as well as myself are trying to work something out with some local parks in exchange for us riding free. This will only happen if we get enough members who show interest and excitement. And as of now, its only a "maybe". We would help clean up trails, help with events (Mud Bogs, Rock Competitions, etc) and help with park security. Tell your friends and their friends. We are open to any kind of jeep, stock to modified. Help us get our name out there!

· Registered
2,996 Posts
You've got:

CiCi's Pizza - Banquet room
Asian Royal Buffet & Grill - Free party room
O'Charley's
Applebees
Ruby Tuesdays
Cracker Barrel
Beef O'Brady's Family Sports Pub
Steak N Shake
Frisch's Big Boy

My vote is for CiCi's Pizza.

· Registered
2,996 Posts
There is more than what I listed, I'm sure. I just love pizza and CiCi's has enough room. I'd still call ahead no matter where it's at just to make sure there will be room.

If you want to brave the cold, there is always the park. :D

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yeah maybe the park in the summer lol But not now haha

But yeah wherever we decide to eat amd meet at I will definatly call about an hour or so before hand. Then if its a big enough place and we like the people/atmosphere I will tell the manager or whoever that we meet every 3rd sunday so they can put it on their little schedule :)

· Registered
396 Posts
I second the vote for CiCi's... They shut ours down cuz they couldn't get anybody that wasn't shady to run the place. Now I've gotta drive an hour minimum to eat there. lol. But my vote counts little since I will only make it up on occasion. I'm just bored and felt like chiming in.

· Registered
23 Posts
Brad, I spoke to you for a while yesterday so I know you know whats going on. I will be joining the club along with two non jeep forum guys. We will not be able to make the ride this weekend but two of us will make the meeting on the 15th. I can't wait to get to meet everyone.

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hey man!! Yeah I was happy to talk to you for so long yesterday. Kept me from gettin bored at work lol But yeah I am happy your friends with the Broncos are gonna join. Im also happy cause you are local to me :) Cant wait to meet ya man! Hey anytime ya wanna meet up in florence for some lunch or food or just wanna meet up let me know. Im also up for hanging with some cool jeep guys

· Registered
224 Posts
Watching this thread. I'm the only guy I know with an off-road vehicle that has taken it off-road on my own multiple times. Unfortunately I'm always alone and usually :hahaha: too worried about getting permanantly stuck to venture too far out.

May sign up at some point if my job holds out due to the recession. :brickwall

I'll be watching the website. Also, I work for Ashland and do all kinds of tech stuff for them, so if you guys need any help with IT crap, send me a PM.

-Sean

· Registered
1,991 Posts
Watching this thread. I'm the only guy I know with an off-road vehicle that has taken it off-road on my own multiple times. Unfortunately I'm always alone and usually :hahaha: too worried about getting permanantly stuck to venture too far out.

May sign up at some point if my job holds out due to the recession. :brickwall

I'll be watching the website. Also, I work for Ashland and do all kinds of tech stuff for them, so if you guys need any help with IT crap, send me a PM.

-Sean
My brother interned at Ashland over the summer in the IT department. Drove a red 1997 XJ

· Registered
224 Posts
Oh yeah, I know Charlie, Wilson. SQL guy. Good kid, did great work! Tell him Sean Greathouse says hi. He even put a note on my office once that said "Chrome don't get ya home" (even though I have no chrome on my Jeep.) :2thumbsup:

Pretty sure he plays paintball with another guy I work with regularly. Small world. :cheers:

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hey Laughingstok, good to hear your interested. I would happy to have ya join. If you would like me to email the stuff to ya, just shoot me a PM with your email and I will send ya everything. Thanks again and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

· Registered
1,991 Posts
Oh yeah, I know Charlie, Wilson. SQL guy. Good kid, did great work! Tell him Sean Greathouse says hi. He even put a note on my office once that said "Chrome don't get ya home" (even though I have no chrome on my Jeep.) :2thumbsup:

Pretty sure he plays paintball with another guy I work with regularly. Small world. :cheers:
Yeah he's back into paintball. He was just at my house today, I'll tell him next time I see him.

· Registered
12 Posts
I posted this on another thread but then found this one:

I live in the Louisville area and I've had my Jeep now for 2 1/2 years. Everything is stock on it. I'm wanting to get a suspension lift for it. Because I'm mechanically challenged with zero experience, I obviously want someone to do this for me. No clue as to what I need, where I should go to get it done, etc. Any advice would be great.

· Registered
1,991 Posts
I posted this on another thread but then found this one:

I live in the Louisville area and I've had my Jeep now for 2 1/2 years. Everything is stock on it. I'm wanting to get a suspension lift for it. Because I'm mechanically challenged with zero experience, I obviously want someone to do this for me. No clue as to what I need, where I should go to get it done, etc. Any advice would be great.
what model jeep do you have?

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Like Willie said, you need to fill out your jeep info so we know what you're workin with.

Meeting was a flop, but it was rescheduled to this sunday and it should be a better turnout. If you werent so far away I would tell you to come yjislander!

41 - 60 of 228 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.