Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought a 2014 JKUR Hardrock with 26K miles this past summer '21. It's in beautiful shape. It's got a 6" lift and everything was done at a Jeep dealer. Everything seems fine. I just did a road trip with it from San Diego to Los Cabos and it was flawless. It had Bilstein 5100's all around. A few months ago I had to make a very hard brake at 40mph. No problem. But ever since I now get what seems like a death wobble whenever I break at speeds above 40 mph or so. When I apply the brake it starts the wobble and continues to wobble after letting off the brake. If I catch it in time and let my foot off the brake and I gently apply the brakes I can prevent it. But sometimes it will go crazy. I don't have to stop but I do have to let it slow down and go away.

I'm wondering if when I braked hard it might have warped or impacted one or both of my front brake rotors and that triggers the wobble. Like I said, I only get the wobble when I brake. Otherwise, steering is fine.

Help!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I have only ever had death wobble start after I hit a small bump in the road and it would stop after hitting the brakes and slowing down. I would look at the front rotors first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts