Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Price $1
Pros Increased horse power
Cons flange comes loose and creats an exhaust leak.
Recommended no

Comments: I've had new bolt added and they still come loose. Plus you can't to all the bolts. Crap!

Update = collector cracked, Reason for loud noise! 1/5/11

·
Registered
81 Posts
Price $450
Pros good sound/performance/strength
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: This is Borla, they work better than any other header you can put into your jeep...If you get this, I highly recommend pairing it with a borla cat back

·
Registered
735 Posts
Price $400
Pros Great sound, stainless steel, lifetime warranty.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Super easy to install, bought the header and cat back exhaust in a package. Cost about $800 total, awesome price for a product that will last almost forever and comes with a lifetime warranty, just in case.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Price $300
Pros Stainless Steel, sounds great, million mile warranty
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought the header and cat-back in a package deal for $700. Awesome deal and Borla offers a million mile warranty. The stainless steel shouldn't ever rust or fail, but if it does I'm covered.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Price $120
Pros More torq. Not positive of the price above. This was installed prior to my purchase.
Cons Regular Gas mileage drops.
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed before purchase, Only major issue I noticed, this XJ gets worse mileage than my previous 3. Only difference, I never installed headers in my previous, but did do Throttle Body, intake and exhaust upgrades.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Price $1.99
Pros Easy to install
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Reasonably priced, more horsepower, better mpg, sounds great. Didn't pay for it, manager of parts store uses my Jeep for test modifications.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Price $459
Pros This header is very well made, came with two manifold gaskets (for both applications) and being stainless steel has shown no signs of corrosion (installed June 2011). It has an excellent warranty, so if it cracks Borla takes care of it.
Cons My YJ has an automatic transmission. The instructions barely mention that there may be modifications required on auto equipped vehicles. This involves removing, cutting and welding a support rod into the shifter pivot shaft support at the block / bellhousing interface. It requires a welder, grinder and hand fitting; not something the average shade tree mechanic limited to basic hand tools can do at home.
Recommended yes

Comments: My original equipment manifold cracked at the collector at around 150K miles. After doing my homework, I determined that Borla offered about the best warranty in the business and had good reviews. I was pleased with the quality of the product upon receiving it and set about removing the old manifold and installing the new one. I apparently missed the part where it said on Wranglers equipped with automatic transmissions, so modifications may be required. In fact, I believe I found that information on Quadradtec's site, not in the Borla literature. When I set the manifold in place, the collector came to rest on the shifter pivot shaft support bracket that bolts to the bellhousing and engine block well out of reach of the head pipe and would not mate up to the head. I had to remove this bracket, cut the part off that interfered, weld in a support rod and remount the bracket and shaft before I could proceed any further (I intend to provide a write up with pictures on the forum about this). After that, the installation went smoothly. I've been through 2 winters with it on snow, slush, gravel and salt covered roads; so far no visible corrosion, no cracks or other signs of fatigue or failure. I also installed the stainless steel matching cat-back system from Borla at the same time and it sounds very good with their header. I recommend this product as long as you have the means to make the necessary mods to your automatic equipped Wrangler or can afford to take it to a reputable shop to have it done.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Price $435
Pros The warranty
Cons only one so far is the PRICE
Recommended yes

Comments: Just got it, so I cant give a proper review yet but, hoping it will bring my fresh 258 build to life working with the stage 2 cam and weber 38

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.