Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a long shot but I've struck out on my own. As part of my 76 CJ Renegade Levi's restoration I would like to have my seats re-done with as close as possible to the original fabric.That fabric seemed to be quite durable and heavy duty so obviously that's not available, but if any of you have crossed this bridge and found something similar I would very much appreciate the info. These are the low back buckets and although they don't look like much, I have always found them to be quite comfy after spending long hours in them plowing snow. I have the Levi's buttons for the job.

Also, even though I haven't looked yet, I will need to source some foam cushions for the 3 seats as well so maybe someone has some insight there as well.

Thanks,
Steve (Hackpirate)

· Premium Member
9,590 Posts
As seen on Wheeler Dealers several years ago when they recovered the Levi's seats in a CJ7

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found this with a quick google search
Well, that was quick and easy! Thank you! I have no idea why my searches missed that . . . well other than my lame key words that is. I may have a Levi's button for you Mr. Butterfield!

· Registered
210 Posts
Wow. Nice sites. $95k for the Scrambler - with awesome round LED tail lights!!!! Surprised they didn't go all the way and put on an angry eye grille - could get $100k+ then. $265k (starting) for a restomod Cherokee. I'm in the wrong business.

· Registered
14 Posts
I recovered the seats in my CJ5 last winter. I spent a fair amount of time looking at options. The Levi fabric in the link looks great except $99/ yard!

I made mine out of canvas in the end. Color is similar to the original nutmeg, it's not going to fool anyone but I'm not doing a restoration. The upholstery wasn't that hard with an original cover to use for a pattern.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I recovered the seats in my CJ5 last winter. I spent a fair amount of time looking at options. The Levi fabric in the link looks great except $99/ yard!

I made mine out of canvas in the end. Color is similar to the original nutmeg, it's not going to fool anyone but I'm not doing a restoration. The upholstery wasn't that hard with an original cover to use for a pattern.
If only $99/yard. It said FROM $99 a yard. If you click on the blue denim fabric it is $189 / yard. So with the blue vinyl needed it's over $1300.00.

· Premium Member
9,590 Posts
I cannot get the Wheeler Dealers episode on Youtube to confirm Ed saying having received said material:

"good result............ hang on, HOW MUCH MIKE??? ARE YOU BONKERS? WE ARE WHEELER DEALERS!!"

• Haha
Reactions: superj
1 - 12 of 12 Posts