Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
14,021 Posts
wilson, i meant to type that my master touch is close to twenty years old. little bit of skeptic with weber sonce thay moved the mfg of the kettles to china. waiting to labor day to pick up a weber genesis 3 burner around labor day. the egg was decent, picked it at a great price after a demo last year, thats why i had one.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
My new one looks ok. Last one lasted 23 years, never inside or covered, rain snow sun or whatnot. Had to remake the handle a couple of times. New one has plastic handle so I will wrap it with sash cord and seal it with varnish.

·
Registered
731 Posts
So last weekend I got lazy and lost track of time......normally I've heard, and do, to put whole herbs directly on the coals to induce some more flavor, ie rosmary, basil etc. Well when I lost track my twice baked potatoes and ribeye where about done. What the heck, ran over and grabbed a large sprig of basil and shoved it in the ash box, and then shut the whole thing down for the last couple minutes. Let me tell you, if you like basil the dinner was so infused with it you'd a thought we put it in the potatoes and did a dry rub on the steak. The smoked basil flavor was through out bit not overwhelming and it ashes completely in the box. Try it you won't be disappointed, I put in a whole limb? of it about 16" long. Bu the way twice baked potatoes just on the grill and open in dish for the second heating is just fricken awesome, potatoes really soak up the smoke.

·
Make Jeep Great Again
1,691 Posts
The simplest methods always produce the best end product. I've messed around with APL and various other recipes for ribs but yesterday I made my best by far ribs to date. Basic bbq dry rub, egg at 260, two hours top down, one hour flipped over, into foil packets with bbq sauce top down for one more hour. None of that resting in coolers for an hour in the middle of the cook or extravagant 'board dressing' techniques.

·
Make Jeep Great Again
1,691 Posts
Yup, a couple applewood chunks. Wish I had gotten a pic of the spread when the spicy corn cobs came off the egg too but it was gone pretty quick!

121 - 140 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.