Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD

126683 Views 1061 Replies 62 Participants Last post by  BigBlue7
"This is my JK. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My JK is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life.
My JK, without me, is useless. Without my JK, I am useless."​
:salute:

I just celebrated my first year as a Jeep owner! At the time that I bought it, I have to admit, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Yeah yeah, we all have heard the J.E.E.P. saying; however, I am proud to say, I have found another hobby. I always wanted a Wrangler, and was intrigued by the 4 door. Being a recent graduate of the University of Kentucky, I fell in love with the color of the Deep Pearl Blue, "Kentucky Blue," JKU! At first sight I knew it was my soul-mate. Let's just say, quickly I learned beauty is much more than skin deep.

I would have started this build thread many months ago, but like I said, I had no idea how addicted I would become. So addicted, that I even keep a "Timeline" Word doc. on my desktop at work to track Big Blue's progress.

Previous owner had to be a chick, which was made obvious by all the eyeliner and hair ties buried under the driver side carpet, and the Kreayshawn CD left in the disc changer. :fear:

Here is how Big Blue sat when I bought him from CarMax, bone stock with 28,000 miles:
1021 - 1040 of 1062 Posts

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,021 ·
MountainMan864 said:
I bet that was a good game huh? I don't watch basketball but 74-73 wow
Yeah, it was amazzzing! Going all the way!

Fixed my transmission fluid leak today. Not much else, but he approved:

Attachments

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,024 ·
Some pics from last weekends trip to HollyTree ORV Park. Pretty awesome waterfall! ....did some damage to my shock mounts, all 4 arm mounts, and the stock crossmember... good times.

Attachments

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,030 ·
Finally got BigBlue! Gave it a quick tune up, and hit the road... Lexington, KY to Sacramento. Happy to report no mechanical issues. Some minor stuff, but that should all be fun to tinker with. Don't ask how I was reading 20 mpg.

Even saw Winski on I-40 somewhere around Arkansas.

Attachments

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,031 ·
Black Friday Deal Found!!

Ordered the much desired Nemesis Notorious fenders! w/ a free Skeletos upgrade! Spoke to J.T., he said the sale should be advertised for Cyber Monday.

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,033 ·
Fast forward to 2018! I've been neglecting my build thread, but not Big Blue! I put those fenders on a long time ago now, but only have a few pics to show you all. Luckily, going wheeling this weekend so more to come!

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,036 ·
A few years ago, I installed a drain plug in the trans pan. It always had a slow leak. Well, I now have a new pan than has a drain plug welded in.

And of course some regular maintenance: engine oil, trans filter, gear oil, transfer case fluid, power steering fluid, rotated tires, throttle body, air filter, etc!

Attachments

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,037 ·
Fixed my broken sun visor. Used a small slice of rubber hose, and forcefully screwed a nut onto the plastic. :laugh2: Been working and cheaper than buying a new!!

Attachments

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,040 ·
Subscribed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Hope you enjoyed the build to date!

Havent done much to Big Blue in the last year. But ol Blue's been reliable, we get out every now and then! 2010 and still low miles, less than 70k. I have a trip planned at the end of the month, to Moon Rocks, Nevada. Stay tuned, and pray nothing breaks, cause it's a long way back to Sacatomatoes!

Attachments

1021 - 1040 of 1062 Posts