Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

BIG BLUE's "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD

126683 Views 1061 Replies 62 Participants Last post by  BigBlue7
"This is my JK. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My JK is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life.
My JK, without me, is useless. Without my JK, I am useless."​
:salute:

I just celebrated my first year as a Jeep owner! At the time that I bought it, I have to admit, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Yeah yeah, we all have heard the J.E.E.P. saying; however, I am proud to say, I have found another hobby. I always wanted a Wrangler, and was intrigued by the 4 door. Being a recent graduate of the University of Kentucky, I fell in love with the color of the Deep Pearl Blue, "Kentucky Blue," JKU! At first sight I knew it was my soul-mate. Let's just say, quickly I learned beauty is much more than skin deep.

I would have started this build thread many months ago, but like I said, I had no idea how addicted I would become. So addicted, that I even keep a "Timeline" Word doc. on my desktop at work to track Big Blue's progress.

Previous owner had to be a chick, which was made obvious by all the eyeliner and hair ties buried under the driver side carpet, and the Kreayshawn CD left in the disc changer. :fear:

Here is how Big Blue sat when I bought him from CarMax, bone stock with 28,000 miles:
1001 - 1020 of 1062 Posts

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,002 ·
MoonyJohn said:
Does it work with the procal?
I can't say for certain, but I believe it will have no issues. Can't see why it wouldn't work. You don't run with the procal plugged in do you? The gauge can turn the fan on, and run higher RPMs for winching.

· Registered
7,386 Posts
I can't say for certain, but I believe it will have no issues. Can't see why it wouldn't work. You don't run with the procal plugged in do you? The gauge can turn the fan on, and run higher RPMs for winching.
Procal is a quickie.. doest stay in ;)

I like the running higher rpm's, that could definitely come in handy

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,006 ·
Procal is a quickie.. doest stay in ;)

I like the running higher rpm's, that could definitely come in handy
Yea, I think I mentioned I have the Flashpaq, but I have no use for it now :cheers2: Anyone want to buy it? Not sure how much it will cost to have it reset.

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,012 ·
Maertz said:
I like the location, i think thats where i may have to put my new fuel gauge when i get it.
I had a few options, but the guy I bought the gauge from included his mounting pod. I thought about sending in my sPod bracket and having them set it up for the gauge, but then I remembered that sometimes water drips through the hardtop right there.

Not sure what you need a fuel gauge for? Or is that the brand name of a programmer? Aeroforce measures fuel.

· Registered
2,393 Posts
I had a few options, but the guy I bought the gauge from included his mounting pod. I thought about sending in my sPod bracket and having them set it up for the gauge, but then I remembered that sometimes water drips through the hardtop right there.

Not sure what you need a fuel gauge for? Or is that the brand name of a programmer? Aeroforce measures fuel.
i am going to be putting in a fuel cell and removing the evap canister and stock gas tank, so i will need to run a new gauge to monitor my fuel level.

· Registered
7,386 Posts
How are you liking your rear brake setup? Mine started squeeking a little bit ago and need to replace both rotor and pads. How much did it run you? I was thinking of a slotted rear rotor setup..

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,017 ·
MoonyJohn said:
How are you liking your rear brake setup? Mine started squeeking a little bit ago and need to replace both rotor and pads. How much did it run you? I was thinking of a slotted rear rotor setup..
Just as good as before. Except my e-brake isn't tight at all anymore. Not sure if that is normal.

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,019 ·
Yep! My bracket looks pretty good! ....and thanks for the bump! I recently bought an engaement ring, so the funding has been cut!

Yesterday I finally got around to adjusting my parking brake. I forgot to adjust it last month when I repalced the rear brakes and rotors. Soon I will be dropping the trans pan and using a lubelocker gasket, my RTV is not holding up well.

1001 - 1020 of 1062 Posts