Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have recently had many reports of members being contacted via PM by others saying they have contact for parts for sale.
All reports have come after the member mentioned the need for something in a thread.
The scammers appear to be overseas and have already taken a few members for money.

Please report any PM that looks suspicious!

See JF announcement here > https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/announcement-private-message-solicitations.html

·
Registered
84 Posts
Both times I posted that I was looking for parts i was DM'ed. When I asked for confirmation like measurements, etc they told me there was no need and the part was right - yeah ok!!!!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Got one yesterday. Feel free to investigate through my PMs. I posted looking for a rear Rubicon locker and someone with a sketchy name and 5 posts messaged me. Told me to contact his buddy harry....

·
Supporting Member
607 Posts
Got one yesterday. Feel free to investigate through my PMs. I posted looking for a rear Rubicon locker and someone with a sketchy name and 5 posts messaged me. Told me to contact his buddy harry....
Just about guaranteed they are both scammers-- with harry having a IP addy in nigeria

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
just got another one.

Can an admin please take down my ISO post in the for sale section for a Front Locker. That doesnt seem to work well. Thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
This is an epidemic on almost every car forum.

The person PM'ing (who often has very few - if any - posts) normally refers the person to a "friend" who has the part in question.

Once contacted, the "friend" will send a picture of the item (sometimes of a different part altogether) and will offer the part cheaply.

If you bite, then they'll ask for money PayPal/WU/venmo and, once paid, you'll get a slew of excuses why it hasn't shipped - out of town, sick, gave to somebody to take to FedEx, wrong tracking number - anything to give them time for the payment to clear and to empty the account.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks for posting
Hope everyone on the forum reads this
Why you steal my sig bud? Makes me sad :crying::crying: JK HAHAHAHA! I actually wish more people realized the genius of Ben :cheers2:
On subject though, there is a sucker born every day. Refuse to be one! Thank you OP for the heads up:duhrock:

·
Supporting Member
607 Posts
Why you steal my sig bud? Makes me sad :crying::crying: JK HAHAHAHA! I actually wish more people realized the genius of Ben :cheers2:
On subject though, there is a sucker born every day. Refuse to be one! Thank you OP for the heads up:duhrock:
I have removed it

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have removed it
Well that seems a bit on the extreme side...I was just joking! There aren't any copyrights on Benjamin Franklin quotes:wink2: One of my favorites is "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." (even though he probably didn't even say it).
Anyway, back on subject... Jeep, Jeep, Jeep. Don't get scammed. Wrangler TJ technical stuff:rofl:

·
Registered
2002 Jeep TJ Sport Locked and Loaded
186 Posts
This has been happening on many forums just not this forum. Gotta watch out. If people would use that old fashioned phone thing and hear a voice on the other end. I bet it would almost never happen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts