Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any info about bestop/dualmatic soft top (blue) that came in 2 sections (front half connects to windshield and goes back as far as the end of doors, the back half includes the back and side windows, no hardware other than snaps, thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1982 Jeep CJ-5 BESTOP/DUALMATIC Soft top

Looking for info on a CJ-5 softtop. It is a Bestop/Dualmatic. The top came in 2 sections. According to the people at bestop, it was made 30 years ago and was called a "sport top". The two sections were held together by what they called "targa bands" that came in 3 sections and bolted to the tub behind the doors. they were 10" wide made of molded plastic. Any info or whereabouts of these bands, bows, or hardware, would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Looking for info on a CJ-5 softtop. It is a Bestop/Dualmatic. The top came in 2 sections. According to the people at bestop, it was made 30 years ago and was called a "sport top". The two sections were held together by what they called "targa bands" that came in 3 sections and bolted to the tub behind the doors. they were 10" wide made of molded plastic. Any info or whereabouts of these bands, bows, or hardware, would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 Piece Bestop Dualmatic Top

I just tried to install a Dualmatic top and was concerned it was only 1 piece of a 2 part top after reading these posts. After spreading it out it appears to be a complete 1 piece top or someone added the decal from a dualmatic. Took a couple of pix to show it. Not the best looking top but I only paid $50 for it a couple of years ago. Its on a 1976 CJ5 by the way. Rods by door frame a very thick, maybe 3/8 thick, seems overkill. George Chili, NY

Attachments

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Other than being whacked in half, looks like a "Bestop Replacement Top" like I have bought for my CJ-5s over the years.

If you are capable or know a commercial electrician with a 3/4 conduit bender---and maybe a HVAC guy with a metal brake----or able to replicate some simple things.

With measurements you can bend your own bows from thin conduit---depending on your wants, you can make 2 "fixed" bows (different lengths) or maybe go advanced and make a telescopic rear bow like OEM that will slide in to match the front bow when stored down.

The only things that would require a little bit of fabricating and small welds would be the 2 bars required to go around each door frame.

Measurements and pics----I may can assist if you wanna go that route.

My CJ-5 is original hardware------My '46 Willys has different hardware, but I made it all and bent the bows too----not really hard if you get motivated!

See my 2 albums https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/members/1233162-jeepfeller/

Pics I took for someone else----I need to remove my top for some maintenance, but put it back on before it gets cold! (a warm top is a happy top to stretch back on)

----JEEPFELLER

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.