Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.6
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got an Aux Transmission Cooler installed in the "usual" spot in front of the radiator stack (it's a passive unit). However I'm looking to optimize (if possible) where I've got things mounted and I found this setup that looks like it would be much better than what I'm already running Derale Cooler. With it being an Active cooled unit the possibilities for mounting increase but I'm not sure where would be a good spot to mount it to, I am also aware this idea might be more effort than it's worth but with Florida heat & humidity i'm looking at all options to help give my engine/transmission the best possible temps :cool:

·
Real Jeeps have dents
29,676 Posts
An oil cooler is smaller and might be a better choice since the XJ engine compartment is so tightly packed.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't done much research on that, I'm assuming a sandwich plate with hoses that run to an external cooler?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying not to cut my hood :). I don't use it for off-roading (ok, maybe light off-road) so i'm not that worried about trees and rocks hitting things underneath the body just looking at all my options 🙃

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone measured the opening in-front of the Radiator/Condenser to see what coolers would fit? (at work at the moment so I can't run out and measure it)

·
Registered
2002 jeep WJ 4.7 / 2001 Jeep XJ 4.0 L
202 Posts
I've currently got an Aux Transmission Cooler installed in the "usual" spot in front of the radiator stack (it's a passive unit). However I'm looking to optimize (if possible) where I've got things mounted and I found this setup that looks like it would be much better than what I'm already running Derale Cooler. With it being an Active cooled unit the possibilities for mounting increase but I'm not sure where would be a good spot to mount it to, I am also aware this idea might be more effort than it's worth but with Florida heat & humidity i'm looking at all options to help give my engine/transmission the best possible temps :cool:
in front of radiator and slightly to one side and feed the hoses through the holes between uniframe rails and to the front of radiator...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts