Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I have ran every one of those trails in the Pacific Northwest, all of them are highly recommended by me.;)

My Dad used to wheel Haspen Acres (Indiana) in his 1983 Toyota Truck on 39" Swampers and on a Yamaha Warrior, I road along in the truck and on the gas tank of the quad when he went. I would have been 3 or 4.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
This is a list of top 4x4 trails put out by a company that specializes in decorative trim pieces. It looks about right. The majority of the Wrangler respondents are probably suburban JK owners.

Elm Creek in Champlin, MN is most certainly not an area for off road driving. The best you can do is on a mountain bike. Way back in the 80's, the old fashioned playground was the biggest (and dangerously fun) in the Twin Cities area. The slides were huge!

·
Electric Chair Operator
14,709 Posts
Anyone know?
Yep - it spells it out if you look at the article.

Last year, PartCatalog.com surveyed over 1,100 off road clubs and off road enthusiasts across the country to discover the top trails and parks in America. We had so much fun putting this together and had amazing feedback from everyone involved, so we decided to make a 2015 Edition of the Top Off-Road Trails in America! So once again, we're asking all off-roading enthusiasts to chime in, and let us know your favorite trails and parks.
They were gathering email addresses so you could get spammed later. :laugh:

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
I got a e mail from the folks at SMORE about the survey.
I did post it on our club website.
Sorry I did not think about posting it here.
I can not believe that Black Mountain Offroad Adventure Area is not even listed in the Kentucky one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
jjvw said:
You should put your trails and your aunt's property on next year's list.
Heck no I like my privacy. I go to enough ATV trails that you have to share with jeeps and horses to know I don't want that. The trails around by house are all boogered up from big 4x4s and side by sides ripping threw the mud and not cleaning up there mess. I've been riding ATVs for over 35 years never been a mudder. Most of all my ATVs were race and never made that much of ruts.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Funny list.

I like how four of the five best "trails" in Delaware aren't in Delaware. :laugh:

And how NJ lists Wharton and "The Pine Barrens" but Wharton is an actual place with hundreds of miles of trails and The Pine Barrens is just a nickname for the entire area where Wharton is located (and a number of other state forests).

So I don't know who were the bigger rocket scientists here, the people responding to the survey or the drones that compiled the answers.

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
In Cal. they should have added Dusy and Swamp trails since they are "Trails" and classic. Dusy is 33miles and can take from 3+ days to run it. Swamp is 13.5 both are about the same as Rubicon as hard goes but both are much much more remote. Much higher altitude as well.

The Az list....falls way short. I have only wheeled in "Parks that you pay to play" in Utah as Hells is a state area.

·
I Like to Camp
8,460 Posts
No doubt that the Polairs RZR looks to be in second place. My brother has a pretty sweet Ranger and told me that I need an RZR. I then told him I'd also need a divorce attorney. :D

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
No doubt that the Polairs RZR looks to be in second place. My brother has a pretty sweet Ranger and told me that I need an RZR. I then told him I'd also need a divorce attorney. :D
You don't need a RZR, you have a Jeep! If it's speed you want get an ATV. I have the best of both worlds, an 800cc quad to feed my need for speed and the Jeep to go anywhere more comfortably.

·
I Like to Camp
8,460 Posts
You don't need a RZR, you have a Jeep! If it's speed you want get an ATV. I have the best of both worlds, an 800cc quad to feed my need for speed and the Jeep to go anywhere more comfortably.
I'm sure ATVs are fun! Last summer I was driving my brother's Ranger pretty hard on dirt trails. I'd never drive my Jeep like that as I'd probably roll it. Well we talked with an older couple one day on the trip with an RZR and it was sweet. They were cruising faster then we were... And it even had 31" A/T tires on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Funny list.

I like how four of the five best "trails" in Delaware aren't in Delaware. :laugh:

And how NJ lists Wharton and "The Pine Barrens" but Wharton is an actual place with hundreds of miles of trails and The Pine Barrens is just a nickname for the entire area where Wharton is located (and a number of other state forests).

So I don't know who were the bigger rocket scientists here, the people responding to the survey or the drones that complied the answers.
Probably a little of both :rolleyes:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Illinois is right on track.

One club owned piece of private property, two that are only open to ATV's, and one thats not even in IL.

Gotta love this crappy state.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Men's Journal - The 20 Most Popular Off-Road Vehicles

Apparently Men's Journal liked it...

http://www.mensjournal.com/gear/cars/the-20-most-popular-off-road-vehicles-20151017

The Jeep Wrangler reigns supreme if you're looking to ride mud, dirt, and rocks.
It may come as no surprise for anyone that's used to cleaning mud out of their radiator, but in a survey of America's off-road clubs and drivers, the Jeep Wrangler is by far the vehicle of choice for leaving pavement behind. The survey, conducted by car and truck accessory company Part Catalog, asked what people drove and where they drove them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.