Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
5021 - 5040 of 5040 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
I had an account here that I was not able to access again, but I thought I'd up date my old post
in this thread.

So, here is my Jeep in 2011 when I bought it is the lower photo

and how it is now almost 10 years and many miles later.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
The day I got my 80 CJ5 & now: Installed hard top from Rally Hard Tops, new small stirrup step, smaller steering wheel, center console, seat covers& painted up the old tan dash cover to black.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Were you able to keep the factory cruise control with the swap? I think I see the servo for it behind the aluminum tank on the inner fender.
Very observant. Yes, I kept it intact. Problem is the damn steering wheel wont activate it after the swap. None of the cruise switches on the wheel do anything. Still looking for advice on how to get those working before I can actually use it.

Reactions: 07wurubi

·
2006 LJ Rubicon
690 Posts
Very observant. Yes, I kept it intact. Problem is the damn steering wheel wont activate it after the swap. None of the cruise switches on the wheel do anything. Still looking for advice on how to get those working before I can actually use it.
I wonder if it has to do with re-wiring for the swap. Maybe something got missed. I am sure you have already thought of that. That is something I would like to keep on mine if I did a swap. It comes in handy on longer drives at freeway speed for sure.

Did you use a drive by cable throttle body then? I have heard the DBW throttle bodies can be switched out for older DBC as long as the ECM for the engine is programmed to accept the inputs from a TPS. Or something along those lines.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
I wonder if it has to do with re-wiring for the swap. Maybe something got missed. I am sure you have already thought of that. That is something I would like to keep on mine if I did a swap. It comes in handy on longer drives at freeway speed for sure.

Did you use a drive by cable throttle body then? I have heard the DBW throttle bodies can be switched out for older DBC as long as the ECM for the engine is programmed to accept the inputs from a TPS. Or something along those lines.
I was talking with someone else doing a swap and they had the same issue with the wheel controls not working. They ended up adding an aftermarket unit on that one. Not sure if this is a common thing or not.

Fortunately I could keep the drive by cable set up that was on the engine.

Reactions: 07wurubi
5021 - 5040 of 5040 Posts