Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I just used JScan to change the tire size on my 2017 Trailhawk from 265/60/18 to 265/65/18. After going through the whole process my Park Assist wouldn't turn on and I got a "ParkAssist Unavailable" error in the instrument cluster. After scanning the car for errors I get a B222A - Vehicle Line Mismatch specifically under the park assist module.

Any thought on how I might fix this? I didn't do anything to the park assist module when I went through the process - just changing tire size...

Thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hi folks,

I just used JScan to change the tire size on my 2017 Trailhawk from 265/60/18 to 265/65/18. After going through the whole process my Park Assist wouldn't turn on and I got a "ParkAssist Unavailable" error in the instrument cluster. After scanning the car for errors I get a B222A - Vehicle Line Mismatch specifically under the park assist module.

Any thought on how I might fix this? I didn't do anything to the park assist module when I went through the process - just changing tire size...

Thanks
Did you change it back?

·
My Reality Check Bounced
19,338 Posts
It may not be the module, playing with tire sizes can sometime cause all kinds of unexpected faults. The PCM tells other modules what the vehicle line is and this DTC is probably indicating that some parameter isn't something park assist is expecting. Under normal conditions one would replace the park assist module.

It may just be a coincidence, especially if you change it back and you still get the error.

Reactions: jtec

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldn't change back to stock tire size with JScan since the exact OEM tire size wasn't one of the options :(. I managed to roll back to stock using AlfaOBD instead, which allowed me to clear the B222A error and get parking assist back, no problem.

It's really weird because the B222A code is directly linked to changing the tire size - as soon as I go in and change the stock 2371mm circumference to something else (I was aiming for 2453mm, but anything will do) using either JScan or AlfaOBD, the Parking Assist module throws the B222A code and turns itself off - no way to get it back, without changing the tire size back to stock.

Kinda peculiar...

·
My Reality Check Bounced
19,338 Posts
If I recall correctly, there are a couple parameters that need to be changed, if you were not already aware of it. Someone posted the details around here somewhere. It was easier to do pre 2015.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I recall correctly, there are a couple parameters that need to be changed, if you were not already aware of it. Someone posted the details around here somewhere. It was easier to do pre 2015.
Yeah, I need to clear codes and initialize ABS too to get it to work, but the code unfortunately still sticks. Very strange.

I have contacted the developers of the apps, so we'll see if they have a solution. Interestingly, it occurs as soon as I select a size => 30" - anything below and it's fine, but as soon as I go over it throws the code. Stock for the car is ~ 29.7".

·
My Reality Check Bounced
19,338 Posts
Unlike other vehicles with multiple possible tire sizes, the WK2 has only one OEM diameter tire, so even the dealer scan tools can't do much as a change tire menu isn't even provided. I think some here have been successful adjusting for 32s, but that may also be earlier model WK2s.

Reactions: kga1978

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, I need to clear codes and initialize ABS too to get it to work, but the code unfortunately still sticks. Very strange.

I have contacted the developers of the apps, so we'll see if they have a solution. Interestingly, it occurs as soon as I select a size => 30" - anything below and it's fine, but as soon as I go over it throws the code. Stock for the car is ~ 29.7".
I just did the same thing... good times. I was able to clear the ABS but not the B222A. Were you able to figure out a solution?

Thanks!

·
Registered
805 Posts
The solution is, live with the error especially for 2015+ WK2's. Even 275/65's are only about 5% off.

·
My Reality Check Bounced
19,338 Posts
You need to change the tire size in a couple places (modules) as when there is a difference they complain. The B222A is actually coming from the OCM, its saying something is inconsistent with the BCM. I think sometimes the ABS module also complains. There is a post around here somewhere of the hoops you need to go through. Offhand I don't recall the details or if it was ever completely resolved.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Same issue 2018 trailhawk diesel. The only fix is to "remove" park sense with something like JScan so you no longer get notifications on the dash. Code still remains. I've tried JScan, tazer, and Alfaobd all with the same results.

Everyone else here with the issue have parksense as well?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I do and I eventually gave up. My local dealer was very helpful and we tried everything they could think of but could not resolve the code of one type or another. I live with the error and have had no issues in 20K miles of running 275's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
if the code b222a is coming from the OCM module. can if do a self configure where it looks for settings from bcm. if i purchase a new ocm module and install it does it need to be programed.
i am wondering if this can solve me b222a code. any one know?

·
My Reality Check Bounced
19,338 Posts
if the code b222a is coming from the OCM module. can if do a self configure where it looks for settings from bcm. if i purchase a new ocm module and install it does it need to be programed.
i am wondering if this can solve me b222a code. any one know?
A replacement OCM is not programming of but there is a SRS system verification test that needs to be run after replacing the module and before its safe to occupy the Jeep (the module can activate air bags). This is basically using a scan tool to read DTCs. Procedure is to turn the ignition on and exit the vehicle before connecting the battery. I dunno how you do that with an interior battery :smile2: There may have been a revision over the years.

Usually body modules get configuration data (like VIN or option list) from the PCM when the Jeep powers on.

The TIPM seem to be involved with this fault as one of the diagnostic steps is to check the TIPM for correct Country code, Vehicle Line, and Body style. If it not right, then you replace or reconfigure the TIPM.

From what I hear, there are folks that went down the TIMP configuration rabbit hole as one thing seemed to lead to another. Perhaps it needs a fresh look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
its definitely all caused by changing tire size. i reverted tire size back to oem of 30.04 and park sence works and no b222a code. set tire size to 32.25 which per gps speed that puts my speedo right on at low speed all the way up to 80. the tires i have on this are Michelin LTX m/s2 275/55/r20. did abs initialize and park sense does not work and code came back. i like park sense wish i could figure out a fix because i also like having my speed correct. before i made the tire size change in the I'm assuming bcm or pcm i my speed at 70 on the dash and gps was showing 73 and at 80 gps showed 84. i really would like if someone could figure out a fix for this so both are working and speedo is correct. thank you.

·
My Reality Check Bounced
19,338 Posts
You could look at it as getting an extra 5% warranty mileage. :smile2: Instead of 36000 miles you have 37800 miles of warranty. For those with 70k extended, you will actually get 73500 miles.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.