Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

AzDevilYJ's build thread... finally

362906 Views 3670 Replies 118 Participants Last post by  jeep_boy02
SO im a little late to the game with this build thread, about 4 years to be exact but never to late :D The first few pages are just catching this thread up to date.

Background: I got this jeep from a hunting pal of my dads for $2K and all it needed was a fuel pump. Pretty simple and great deal if you ask me! :2thumbsup:

Year - 1995 YJ 2.5L/Ax-5 Rio Grande Edition

Day I brought her home

So heres about 6 months after i brought her home... Mods had already began here with some 130w KCs and 30x9.50 Mud Claws.

And Current Pic- 35x12.5 Baja Claws; Metalcloak 4" arched fender; Poison spyder trail stinger, steel corners, and hood louvers; Warn Sliders, ENGO 9k winch, Lock-Rite up front, open rear, Ford injectors, 4.0TB, Cold Air intake, Inertia Ring on flywheel, Taurus Fan, 2 -2x3 LED fogs upfront, 40" LED bar on windsheid, LED rocklights and gauges; durango steering box, 136 GC alternator, and im sure im missing things.

Hope everyone enjoys the build up :cheers2:
121 - 140 of 3671 Posts

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Love the flareless
Ya i really do too but going flareless, with the baja claws, combined with some small rocks, and my windshield...do not mesh well together :laugh: id be on windshield #3 in no time :thumbdown:

· Registered
973 Posts
Last night I cleaned my air filter and took off my flares for the day. I kinda like it flareless. Keeps it a bit more sleek. Eventually I'll get rear flares to match.

Well I had a fun little trip this morning. Did a little light 4wheelin and some quail hunting.

I gotta say these prp seats are the shizz. Comfy and they really hold you and make the rocky roads much more tolerable on my ***

Where are you wheeling here? Looks like the White Tanks. I used to live out Glendale. I miss heading out to Crown King or even Old Castle Hot Springs Road. That was fun.

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
sxysouthtx said:
Where are you wheeling here? Looks like the White Tanks. I used to live out Glendale. I miss heading out to Crown King or even Old Castle Hot Springs Road. That was fun.
The wheelie pics from last weekend were old castle hot springs rd and these ones where just north of rew river, in the tonto national "forest". I live about 10- 15 min from both places.

· Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Just found your build thread man. Jeep is looking great buddy!

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·

· Registered
8,340 Posts

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Sold the lightbar and ordered a new rear shock and I was so impressed with how these hold up I bought a whole set of these!! Not a bad deal for $30

Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

There going to hold my spare d35 shafts to my trail box which I think is a cool idea.

It comes with 4 regular sized clamps, 2 mini (1 for my rigid industries torch), and 2 large ones big enough for an extinguisher or whatever

· Registered
4,529 Posts
Sold the lightbar and ordered a new rear shock and I was so impressed with how these hold up I bought a whole set of these!! Not a bad deal for $30

View attachment 794418

There going to hold my spare d35 shafts to my trail box which I think is a cool idea.

It comes with 4 regular sized clamps, 2 mini (1 for my rigid industries torch), and 2 large ones big enough for an extinguisher or whatever
I LOVE quickfists! Where did you find the pack at? $30.00 is a great deal for all that!

Cheers

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
I got it 4wheelparts. $32.99 to be exact. They're 2 min from my school so I usually pop in there when I need stuff vs ordering bc I like to look around. Almost walked out with some speed tire deflators but u had to stop myself, it was a want vs need and I have a problem with impulse shopping.

· Registered
4,529 Posts
I got it 4wheelparts. $32.99 to be exact. They're 2 min from my school so I usually pop in there when I need stuff vs ordering bc I like to look around. Almost walked out with some speed tire deflators but u had to stop myself, it was a want vs need and I have a problem with impulse shopping.
I'm kinda glad I don't have a store like that around here,
I couldn't resist myself. I'm pretty sure I would just hang out in there, all day, every day!

Cheers

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Sparrows said:
I'm kinda glad I don't have a store like that around here, I couldn't resist myself. I'm pretty sure I would just hang out in there, all day, every day! Cheers
Lol ya This one is a little tiny store and I've spent a good amount of time in there looking at and touching everything :laugh:

121 - 140 of 3671 Posts