Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

AzDevilYJ's build thread... finally

362906 Views 3670 Replies 118 Participants Last post by  jeep_boy02
SO im a little late to the game with this build thread, about 4 years to be exact but never to late :D The first few pages are just catching this thread up to date.

Background: I got this jeep from a hunting pal of my dads for $2K and all it needed was a fuel pump. Pretty simple and great deal if you ask me! :2thumbsup:

Year - 1995 YJ 2.5L/Ax-5 Rio Grande Edition

Day I brought her home

So heres about 6 months after i brought her home... Mods had already began here with some 130w KCs and 30x9.50 Mud Claws.

And Current Pic- 35x12.5 Baja Claws; Metalcloak 4" arched fender; Poison spyder trail stinger, steel corners, and hood louvers; Warn Sliders, ENGO 9k winch, Lock-Rite up front, open rear, Ford injectors, 4.0TB, Cold Air intake, Inertia Ring on flywheel, Taurus Fan, 2 -2x3 LED fogs upfront, 40" LED bar on windsheid, LED rocklights and gauges; durango steering box, 136 GC alternator, and im sure im missing things.

Hope everyone enjoys the build up :cheers2:
101 - 120 of 3671 Posts

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Awesome day today at a very cool event, Airpark Jeep Jam 8.

Started with a VERY LONG trail run. We ran close to a total of 80 miles dirt road, washboard, washes, sand, and rocks. Didn't stop very much but managed to snap a few.

Little editor

Back at the dealership for the raffles and vendor expo

There was two more rows of vendors, a zip line, free BBQ, and a bunch of cool jeeps. Fun day

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
So I picked up a steal on craigslist tonight. 2 PRP daily driver suspension seat with adjustable lumbar supports. Dark green and tan cordura fabric. They seem comfy so far, but I'll review them after I get them in the jeep and assess them properly after a run. They're my first time ever sitting in suspension seats so I have no comparison other than my 18yr old stock seats

Pulled out the passenger seat for the first time ever

Mocked one in. Gotta go to ace tomorrow and get some hardware to installation. The seats came with Tj/Lj brackets too that bolt right up to my seat sliders so no drilling for me!!

And lastly, Carnage from yesterday's excursion. Broken mount and bent shock

I don't know if I can straighten the shaft, but I'm goin to try.

I looked at some bilstein 5100 and 5150s which I would love to have but that's 2-300 for a pair of rears or just fork out the 50 for a replacement RE twin tube... I probably will go the latter route. Honestly didn't even notice a difference with out the shock.

· Registered
8,340 Posts
So I picked up a steal on craigslist tonight. 2 PRP daily driver suspension seat with adjustable lumbar supports. Dark green and tan cordura fabric. They seem comfy so far, but I'll review them after I get them in the jeep and assess them properly after a run. They're my first time ever sitting in suspension seats so I have no comparison other than my 18yr old stock seats

Pulled out the passenger seat for the first time ever

Mocked one in. Gotta go to ace tomorrow and get some hardware to installation. The seats came with Tj/Lj brackets too that bolt right up to my seat sliders so no drilling for me!!

And lastly, Carnage from yesterday's excursion. Broken mount and bent shock

I don't know if I can straighten the shaft, but I'm goin to try.

I looked at some bilstein 5100 and 5150s which I would love to have but that's 2-300 for a pair of rears or just fork out the 50 for a replacement RE twin tube... I probably will go the latter route. Honestly didn't even notice a difference with out the shock.
Man those things were made for your Jeep lol

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
ashland82391 said:
Man your way outa date! No Facebook, no YouTube lol
Ya pretty much haha. I didn't have a computer for like 5 years after high school and I just got a laptop for school a couple years ago when I started back up. I'm not a big computer person until I was forced to use it for school.

For me, Facebook/MySpace was always girl drama, so I deleted it and I just avoided it since then. I do just fine without. Even photobucket was new for me when the JF app stopped accepting the pics to be uploaded directly. Lol

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
While I'm waiting for my drill batteries to charge, I figured I'd throw this up.

While the tj bracket holes line up on my sliders, the mounting points for the seats are too wide so I flipped them so they're close and then drilled out the holes on the larger bracket out a bit to get the right width.

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Seats are in!! They sit up a bit higher so i had to scoot the seat up a bit. Thank god for tilt steering!!! My gf will definitely never be able to drive tho. too bad for her :laugh: she won't be able to reach the pedals. Also, my head grazes the sound bar so that will need to be addressed. When I add on to my cage I will be absolutely doing seat mounts

First seat in!

We in business now!

They fit me perfect tho so it will be nice staying in my seat on the harsh trails.

I retained my center console which I'm stoked about and the also the forward tilt on the passenger side for rear access

· Registered
4,318 Posts
Sub'd cant believe I've missed this.

· Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Last night I cleaned my air filter and took off my flares for the day. I kinda like it flareless. Keeps it a bit more sleek. Eventually I'll get rear flares to match.

Well I had a fun little trip this morning. Did a little light 4wheelin and some quail hunting.

I gotta say these prp seats are the shizz. Comfy and they really hold you and make the rocky roads much more tolerable on my ***

· Registered
8,340 Posts
Last night I cleaned my air filter and took off my flares for the day. I kinda like it flareless. Keeps it a bit more sleek. Eventually I'll get rear flares to match.

Well I had a fun little trip this morning. Did a little light 4wheelin and some quail hunting.

I gotta say these prp seats are the shizz. Comfy and they really hold you and make the rocky roads much more tolerable on my ***
Love the flareless

101 - 120 of 3671 Posts